When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So I have a set of new old stock short fenders that I was/am going to use on this bike. Really kinda digging the no fender stripped down look too! What do you think? Fenders or no fenders?

2AC957B1-6789-4510-A3B5-E4606E0A6EE5.jpeg

I was searching for black and white 59-61(2?) wide middleweight fenders for my black 61 Speedster after seeing rollfaster's green Speedster, but later on I kind of decided I liked it without fenders and I stopped looking. Maybe mock it up and see how they look along with the whitewalls.

So I have a set of new old stock short fenders that I was/am going to use on this bike. Really kinda digging the no fender stripped down look too! What do you think? Fenders or no fenders?

View attachment 1430952
Looks awesome as is. I would not fit fenders and you have a heap of fendered bikes already in your fleet.

I assembled this frame and Nexus 7/Araya wheel set I picked up recently for $20 with some parts I had laying about. Frame is Taiwan made and someone spent way too much time painting and pinstriping it to turn it into their dream bike.

Got dads bike all cleaned up. Just waiting for tires and tubes to show up this weekend. Need to get some brake pads from the LBS and discovered the chain needs replaced... So pleased with how this one cleaned up!!!

View attachment 1430981
Tires..go Amish, steel on asphalt..LOL

Speaking of tires I replaced these huge 26 x 2.125 ones,. For one - the rear tire was splitting and twisted the tread into the frame and two- the big a55 white walls kinda looked ridiculous IMO. So I replaced them with..
20210605_165040.jpg

...a 26 x 1.75 front and a thinner Duro 26 x 2.125 rear
20210617_103107.jpg

Need some help here ya'll. The front white wall is almost a perfect match to the color of the bezel. How does one color a white wall to the same hue?
20210617_103107.jpg

Don't bust any knuckles

Have a good look at your rear tire near the stem.

I have no idea how to color a whitewall.
Yeah, the wires are badly bent. Just put that one one to get a sense of what it would look like. I have another duro that iis in a lot better shape and it whitewall to be colored / aged.
Good eye BTW

Finished up this 41 Shelby Safety-Bike for a buddy down here. The last bike I built for him was stolen about a year ago after he locked it to a pole, something I warned him never to do. That one would be the Schwinn Excelsior shown on the bottom. The one before that he didn't take too good care of. either so we'll see with this one, at least it has no paint on it...

Back