When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-

Man Disassembly in the house is Sooo Niiice, some jams on, direct airflow to keep the rust outta your eyes & sooo far Nooo Need for PB blaster

Ohhh Did I mention I'm Lovin' that with a little rub a dub dub on those stainless fenders the paint is comin' off but the last time I rubbed somethin' that much I had to flip her mattress❗🤣🤣🤣

Worked on the 53 Panther today, installed the correct front fender & started tearing down the rest of the bike for cleaning and too regrease all the bearings, going to put on a better original rear fender also , thanks for looking 👍

View attachment 1518698

View attachment 1518699

View attachment 1518700

View attachment 1518701

View attachment 1518702

View attachment 1518704

View attachment 1518705
Oz man don't think that rear fender will shine up? Is it dented or somethin' pretty badly? Looks useable If you're not goin' for a full blown restored look .... IDK why but I Really Dig how that paint looks Orange against the Black

Oz man don't think that rear fender will shine up? Is it dented or somethin' pretty badly? Looks useable If you're not goin' for a full blown restored look .... IDK why but I Really Dig how that paint looks Orange against the Black
I will save the rear fender for another day , i found a matched set in the garage that I forgot about that will go great with the rest of the bike , i agree i really love how the original red paint fades to orange , thanks for looking buddy !!!!!

I will save the rear fender for another day , i found a matched set in the garage that I forgot about that will go great with the rest of the bike , i agree i really love how the original red paint fades to orange , thanks for looking buddy !!!!!
Ahhh Fully Understand & Agree save some of that elbow grease for Another day man👍🏻

By the way that 2nd frame pic during disassemble looks weird like the frame is warped & wavy. Lol

With my '40 WF rear rim repainted and clear coated. It is time to lace it up.
20211126_115021.jpg

Lacing a wheel with a 4X pattern for me goes with the ol' saying "3rd time is a charm". And on top of that I came up one spoke shy. I found one off an spare wheel.
20211128_090610.jpg

Next stop, the truing stand.

Finally getting my '65 KSHD back together after a total rear down. Horrible day for pics sorry about the clutter. I was told this bike may have spent its life inside a factory and the junk that was on it made me believe so. It was almost like the build up on an electric motor. The HD wheels are all ready to rock and roll. Someone also overdid it a bit with the steel wool on the chrome parts and really beat it up but there is next to zero rust on the bike. Other then the pedals,tubes,tires and chain this one is all original. The seat is a replacement but I believe correct.I'm not sure it has ever seen rain. I was letting the tires warm up inside before I mount them, my wife was telling me they did not go with the holiday theme so they have to be out by tomorrow.

IMG_0784 (1).jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this beautiful Schwinn/Campagnolo Paramount from Walter in Florida. This bike was in excellent shape thank you again, Walter!!!
Sanded out the scratches on the seat post. Rescued the headset and bearings, replaced inner cables added some ferrules. Trimmed to excess and cleaned up the outer cables. Polished everything.
Double session on the rims, new tubes, new tires on the way, Added a really cool vintage Cinelli stem from Mr. Pete, One Catahula! Had to make a stem spreader to keep from scratching the bars. Need to order some wider ones, Over 10 hours so far, just getting started!!!
Can't wait to ride this sexy ,flexy flyer!!!
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

Back