When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Dupe....................................... The site is going slowpokie and not loading the page.

Yesterday I worked on getting this beast all bundled up for the last legs of it's epic journey! I feel honored to be part of this high stakes relay.

The old workhorse is going on a permanent vacation to the French Alps!

VIVE LA FRANCE!!

@Mercian
@blackcat

20200324_150818.jpg

20200324_150829.jpg

20200324_151751.jpg

20200324_151755.jpg

20200324_151802.jpg

20200324_154712.jpg

20200324_154719.jpg

Last edited:
Project: "Checker Board Rat Rocket"
He's coming along nicely. Got the fenders filled up with some og Silvertowns, correct bars and neck, set of Torringtons, lots of rusty ready bolts and washers and some other goodies. Now to decide on seat and grips. Just about ready for the 1st ride.

Fixed some annoyances and made some repairs.
One of the original shift handles were damaged from a drop and, since I was getting rid of the light switches in the handles to clean up the wiring, I decided to just replace them with these wood eggs I already had (I didn't like the external switches because the internal batteries still had to be turned on, making them kind of pointless—especially when there wasn't enough room in the shift tubes to run wires for the switches to light up and have them look cool—so I cut out the middle man switch. Also, they were probably a little bit of a fire hazard, particularly considering I'm using no-name 12V lion packs).
Enlarged the holes for the front of the bike frame to stop them chafing the shifter cable housings (which I also repaired).
Made a front mount to support the front of the rocket body so that it wouldn't bounce due to the greater play allowed by the larger holes and to make the angle of the body somewhat adjustable, rather than whatever compromise gravity and the saddle mounts' arguments resulted in (this was part of the original plan, but it was built for a contest and I ran out of time, then the rocket body happened to stay pretty well in place, so I let it be).
The most important improvement by far (and what prompted a lot of this) was Brooks put out a limited edition B17 in turquoise, so it gave me the excuse to replace the Cardiff B17-style saddle that was hard as a rock and would not break in. Being as I originally measured out the rocket body openings for the saddle based on a real B17, the Cardiff being slightly larger, the fit was a little too tight. The Brooks is just right and doesn't rub (and is more comfortable even brand new). Just needs a little touchup painting and I haven't decided what to put on the flat spot on top of the shifters.

IMG_7125.JPG

Back