When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've had my 20's Schwinn built Electric Motorbike in the stand for a while.... still no luck freeing the stem but I did finally get the front fender off. I think it's time to break out the torch. I gave it a wipe down with WD40 and a soft rag... what's left of the paint and pins is pretty delicate so I didn't even want to use steel wool. Best I can tell the bike was red with gold pins. Looks like the pins preserved the paint underneath as you can see faint red lines where they were. I like them original so this one is destined to stay rough but would be a good candidate for paint in the future. Frame is solid and it's pretty complete so it should make a great rider

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

I also started aging some cloth wire so I can get the Smith can/Teacup on my Hibbard working again. Hard to tell from the shadows but it's a good bit darker than it was.

IMG_4397.jpg
IMG_4398.jpg

I attached the seat, adjusted the fork, threw on some grips that the ends were blown out to see how Maurice rides with the bars at 34" wide. Also to try out this set up with the OCC fork. It rides great in this configuration!! Much better than I thought it would. 🤓

I also removed the Jesse James stickers from the tank and Beast stickers from the tip tube. The tank needs some body work to remove dents and want to smooth out the front where it was welded together before paint. After the ride with the huge ape hangers I dug out the other bars in the pile that work with these clamps. They have to be 7/8" with no flange.

I could also remove the handlebar clamps & use a quill stem to widen my choices. I installed an old school Bontrager titanium flat mtb bar to ease wheeling the bike around. It looks pretty cool too!😉

Gotta dig out the Bondo & other stuff I'll need for the paint I'm doing on this one later today....

Back