When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
a Tiger Tail?

like this?

View attachment 1107382

They ( Esso) came out with those again in the 1980's for a short time. I remember the originals from the 60's and a buddy's Dad had a tail, a button, and a cardboard Tiger and a plastic bicycle horn ( like on Pee Wee's bike in the movie). He gave me all the stuff and kept the horn for his collection. We've both been collecting for years.

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

As some may have seen, I bought back an old friend, a 1950 ( paint is more '49/painted fenders) Mercury Super Deluxe Fleetline last week. I sold it locally 6 years ago to a friend but owned for over eons ( restored in 80's/bought as a project from Larry Busch at Memory Lane). I did ride it some back in the 80's/90's but the rear hub was kinda lame, brakes poor, never did service it. He only displayed it.

After I got it back last week I noticed no forward gear or brakes. Dang. Rear hubs are not a favourite of mine.( especially ND with the disc line up part when all the grease is applied...ha!).It will mainly be a display bike for me too, as I have about a dozen riders. STILL....I'm kinda a nut about stuff working. A disabled bike is lame at best.

As I figured, the Musselman was gummed up BAD!! Local friend, Caber and collector Oldy57 had a nice one he GAVE me ( we've been buying/selling/swapping for years) so man that helped. Ran schematics off the Cabe ( didn't really use, but had them handy) Between the 2 hubs, LOTS of brake cleaner, brass brush, new grease, it works SWEET now. When I look at the bike now, I smile a little WIDER.

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

1949%20mercury%20brochure%20pg1.jpg

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

Right before all hell broke loose I got a shipment of the new 2.0 bricks for S7's, finally got around to trying them out, they look great, gives the middleweight a little more MEAT, well see how they ride tomorrow.View attachment 1161260
View attachment 1161261

View attachment 1161262

View attachment 1161263
NICE,

I run a set of John's Blue chain treads on a Custom Schwinn Jag I built. Straight fenders and rims and it clears in all spots, and with the 3 speed Shimano, the bike is a GREAT rider.

Back