When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Been in a weird head-space after a funeral this weekend so i spent some time in the garage trying to “decompress”
Had a full vintage can of BOL and decided it was finally time to test out what all the fuss is about!
Tested it out on the 53 Meteor and it looked so amazing i did it on the 39 Firestone!
Man im pleased!
Also straightened a Schwinn razor stem via pipe which i didnt take pics of....

View attachment 1668720

View attachment 1668721

View attachment 1668722
Sorry about your loss.

Good morning Caber’s!
Ya gotta love the shining patina! The blo is great but I love that look so much that I have been clear coating them! Each one is a rolling piece of art!!

View attachment 1670659

View attachment 1670660

View attachment 1670661

View attachment 1670662
The colors of your bike are fantastic! You got that clear coat like glass!
This one is clear coated. My brother in law was adamant about the patina. It came out pretty good, but your shine seems to have depth or something.
IMG_20211112_155947775.jpg

Trying out the boiled linseed oil deal. Really digging the color and the shine. Gonna let it cook in the sun all day. A friend dismantled it for parts, since I liked the blue so much, and talked about it so much, he gave it to me. He also gave me about everything else I might need to get her back on the road, probably to shut me up! Thank you blueoldford!
IMG_20220730_085824241.jpg

View attachment 1669729
I had been toying with the idea of a coaster front handbrake for this pig bike for a while. Finally did it today!
View attachment 1669739

View attachment 1669740
It's more of a speed attenuator and much needed ballast weight for wheelies. Lol It does stop better than other people's opinions lead me to think it would though. I tried to post a video but it said the file was too large.

View from the cockpit.
View attachment 1669731
That’s Trick Dude

The colors of your bike are fantastic! You got that clear coat like glass!
This one is clear coated. My brother in law was adamant about the patina. It came out pretty good, but your shine seems to have depth or something. View attachment 1671769
Good morning!
Thank you for the compliment! I have been wet sanding them with 1500 before clear coating them. I’m also using an automotive grade clear coat and that makes a big difference too! Just love the patina so much that I want to preserve it for as long as possible!! Good to see that someone is saving those girl bikes! I’ve been seeing less and less of them at the swap meets. I suspect that someday the market might flip and those girls bikes are going to be sought after!

Good morning!
Thank you for the compliment! I have been wet sanding them with 1500 before clear coating them. I’m also using an automotive grade clear coat and that makes a big difference too! Just love the patina so much that I want to preserve it for as long as possible!! Good to see that someone is saving those girl bikes! I’ve been seeing less and less of them at the swap meets. I suspect that someday the market might flip and those girls bikes are going to be sought after!
Especially if someone puts a TRM conversion on them!!

Good morning!
Well that explains that! You used REAL clear coat!
My boss at work gave me his harbor freight sprayer. The cool thing is he put on his own filter and regulator. I think he was going to paint his truck himself and changed his mind. I've been eyeing a candy paint kit on eBay for use in the sprayer. The bike I'll paint with it is so far back on the list, I won't even bother making everyone look at a picture of it.

Back