When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I love the linseed oil treatment but i was really on the fence with this 41 because its 90% rust. Today i said hell with it and went after it.
Heavy scrub and dry and then BLO. Looks good, nice and dark...like an artifact!
Bike actually has a really unique look and will look awesome with my tire choice.

View attachment 1672736

View attachment 1672738
Look at tacochris cleaning the crust off those beauties! They’re looking loved and amazing! Nice work!! Love it!!

Good morning!
Thank you for the compliment! I have been wet sanding them with 1500 before clear coating them. I’m also using an automotive grade clear coat and that makes a big difference too! Just love the patina so much that I want to preserve it for as long as possible!! Good to see that someone is saving those girl bikes! I’ve been seeing less and less of them at the swap meets. I suspect that someday the market might flip and those girls bikes are going to be sought after!
It's kinda happening now around here. The prices have gone up a lot anyway. Where you could buy a Schwinn Breeze for 20 bucks, sellers are looking for 120 now.
Recently I picked up a cool American flyer the guy had for sale along with a red Catalina and a Murray or something. The girlbikes were bought right away at asking price, leaving the boy's for me to swoop in and pick up at 50 percent. They weren't in that much better shape.

Got around to peeling the masking tape off my phantom fender light. It was in primer and pretty rough and pitted when I got it so I'm pretty happy with the results. Color match is decent as well. Still needs to be polished I've just been waiting for the clear to cure. I also picked up a NOS pair of 80's Coker repop Silvertowns last week so "El Rojo" is one step closer to rolling again!

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

Been kicking around the idea of putting modern parts on this old Shelby and making it a rider. Picked up a donor '67ish Sears bike over the weekend and was happy to see the wheels, bottom bracket, cranks and gears all work on this bike pretty well! Long term I'll get the wheels done up, but gonna enjoy it in the meantime 😊. The pic again the tree is how it was found, under a porch someone's was rebuilding

IMG_20220802_205412582_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220611_191358965.jpg

Been kicking around the idea of putting modern parts on this old Shelby and making it a rider. Picked up a donor '67ish Sears bike over the weekend and was happy to see the wheels, bottom bracket, cranks and gears all work on this bike pretty well! Long term I'll get the wheels done up, but gonna enjoy it in the meantime 😊. The pic again the tree is how it was found, under a porch someone's was rebuilding

View attachment 1673839

View attachment 1673846
I would've ridden it as found, lol.
I do love me some patina!

Back