When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Getting closer everyday! Was going to leave my new tank black, but just couldn’t leave well enough alone.

Decided to try and patina match it. Color is a little off and I’ve still got to add some gold striping around the black. My wife has been playing with a borrowed Cricut machine and designed a decal for me. I wanted it to look somewhat factory. Being a Schwinn build Hawthorne DeLuxe, and seeing as a lot of Schwinn built off brand stuff ended up with whatever the headbadge name was on the tank.

We decided that DeLuxe is what would have been on this bike if it had been equipped with a tank in this configuration. I based the scheme on a 1923 Catalog. I still want to further work the patina to make it look even worse lol. Not much paint left on the bike.

For the first phase of faux-Tina, I’m happy so far. Absolutely love the way it is turning out. The decal came out awesome! I will continue to work with it and try to make it match better.

@Rusty72

I spent the afternoon cleaning/prepping parts for assembly of my Elgin Moto bike yesterday. Did a little more cleaning on the frame in an attempt to bing out more color so the wheels don't stick out so much. Then gave it my specially formulated hand rubbed oil finish that puts oils back into the paint & offers a later of protection when buffed out. (It will also not be as shiny. It will have more of a glow than shine) Also found a better crank & swapped it out for a longer one.

Just blew this Bendix Torpedo apart and threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner while I grab lunch. Preparing it to lace into a 20" rim later today. Even have the Bendix Stick Shift to pair with it.

Anyone else have info on this 2 company mash up?? Or seen one mounted on a bike?

Closest I've found to clay red for 700c clincher rims. I initially bought these because the description made them sound like single tube tires, they are definitely not. View attachment 1697777
Sooo, I fit them to a hotrod Varsity!
View attachment 1697778
Cool looking bike but what’s going on with the chain sprocket set up in the rear? I’m not understanding the purpose of the double sprocket chain wrap.

Cool looking bike but what’s going on with the chain sprocket set up in the rear? I’m not understanding the purpose of the double sprocket chain wrap.
It's a Retro-direct 2 speed. Pedal forward for low, pedal backward for high gear. No shifter required. I just don't want to mount anything on the handlebars, so we don't need no stinking brakes either! Lol

Back