When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Worked on reversing some bad custom work on a Roadmaster Cycle Truck to get to a good starting point for the project. Cut off the platform someone made that didn't work.

Still have some cleanup to do around the area where the "basket" was welded to get ready for a new support for the basket.

Then checked the custom dropouts that were welded on for the modern SRAM iMotion 3 speed with disc brake to see if this had to come off. Just enough wiggle room to get proper chain tension. ;) Will take some fine tuning to be perfect, then have to figure out how to make them look decent.

And started trying out bars from my pile to find some that look good & are comfortable since this is going to be my dog's bike. These were the first set I tried. Very comfy, wide for control, have room for brake levers for the rear disc/front drum hub & kinda resemble the shape of a gargoyle's wings.

Looks pretty good so far! Will still try more bars to get what I'm looking for but these will be hard to beat...

Then started on a wheel set for a surprise Shelby purchase on Saturday!

Worked on reversing some bad custom work on a Roadmaster Cycle Truck to get to a good starting point for the project. Cut off the platform someone made that didn't work.View attachment 1201152

View attachment 1201153

Still have some cleanup to do around the area where the "basket" was welded to get ready for a new support for the basket.
View attachment 1201160

View attachment 1201161

Then checked the custom dropouts that were welded on for the modern SRAM iMotion 3 speed with disc brake to see if this had to come off. Just enough wiggle room to get proper chain tension. ;) Will take some fine tuning to be perfect, then have to figure out how to make them look decent.View attachment 1201154

View attachment 1201155
And started trying out bars from my pile to find some that look good & are comfortable since this is going to be my dog's bike. These were the first set I tried. Very comfy, wide for control, have room for brake levers for the rear disc/front drum hub & kinda resemble the shape of a gargoyle's wings.
View attachment 1201157

View attachment 1201158

View attachment 1201159
Looks pretty good so far! Will still try more bars to get what I'm looking for but these will be hard to beat...

View attachment 1201162

View attachment 1201163

View attachment 1201164

View attachment 1201165

View attachment 1201166
Dude what year is that shelby??

Funny that I'm posting a Shelby wishbone frame right after another member.
Just picked up the frame and crank today and threw on a couple of things I had around the house. I don't imagine the parts being correct.
The Western Flyer badge looks like an oldie but goodie.

I'm looking for a LWB Colson frame so trading options are open. Not sure of fair market value, so parts can be added or subtracted to accommodate. That's a two way street.
Hope you dig it and PM me with interest.

IMG_5977.jpg

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Last edited:
Worked on reversing some bad custom work on a Roadmaster Cycle Truck to get to a good starting point for the project. Cut off the platform someone made that didn't work.View attachment 1201152

View attachment 1201153

View attachment 1201160

View attachment 1201161

Then checked the custom dropouts that were welded on for the modern SRAM iMotion 3 speed with disc brake to see if this had to come off. Just enough wiggle room to get proper chain tension. ;) Will take some fine tuning to be perfect, then have to figure out how to make them look decent.View attachment 1201154

View attachment 1201155
View attachment 1201157

View attachment 1201158

View attachment 1201159

View attachment 1201162

View attachment 1201163

View attachment 1201164

View attachment 1201165

View attachment 1201166

Cool welding photo, as it captures the art of stitching wounds back together........wish I had that skill! Look forward to future posts regarding your efforts on this project.

Just realized that I inadvertantly used the word welding when Mr. Monkeyarms is actually cutting, but never-the -less, the photo of stitching it back together is awesome! I love bicycles and photography and that photo captures the moment:)

Last edited:
I put a new tire and tube on my old Huffman (my grandfather's old bike) and 30 minutes later my wife and granddaughter heard a hissing noise. That new tube just wasn't up to the task, I guess. I did not include a pic - unfortunately, I think everyone here knows what a flat tire looks like. LOL

Back