When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
stripped the paint off of the fork, cleaned & greased headset & bottom bracket/crank bearings...still gotta do axle bearings, & not thrilled with the bars & seat...

Stripped this frame with chemical stripper and pressure washer on Wed.
IMG_2581.jpeg

Rounded up the parts I was going to use changed out the fork so I could run a bigger tire 700x50 s

Painted it on Sat.

IMG_2591.jpeg

Polished the fork flanges with my Dremel .
Put it back together Sun.

IMG_2594.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg

Bike is a Royal Flyer Frame with parts from England France Germany Canada and Japan
Just thought I would add this the German part is a 2 speed kickback Sachs torpedo hub .

Last edited:
Worked on the wife’s tandem today, finally figured out the loose headset issue. The stem height was exactly equal to the shim stack height, so zero preload! Easily fixed with the addition of a 2mm shim to the stack.

The motorcycle shop stand is great for working on this big brute! I think I’m going to use it to park this thing rather than always leaning it again something.

Completed the faux finish on one of the 700C wheels for my 23. Came out good enough that I totally fooled my wife. Lol.

Rims were silver originally.
painted black, painted red, hand distressed, custom mixed light brown, custom mixed dark brown, mixed red all applied with cotton balls and foam.

7AF0FD25-9FBF-482D-BA24-4A860731CC9C.jpeg

E06F3D0B-EC2C-4C9A-B108-DED3BD86A06F.jpeg

BDAF4CA6-4CDF-4972-85C0-4F1C68868029.jpeg

9DC734A3-D24D-456D-B1CD-27ED2C97BEF8.jpeg

I’m building a budget klunker using this 1936 Schwinn built BFG frame with parts from a couple of early 80’s mountain bikes. It will have a Sturmey Archer freewheel drum brake hub, front crank set with 3 chainrings and a rear derailleur as a chain tensioner.

The bike was stripped of its parts by someone else and I only got the frame and a few small parts with it including the head badge. It has a damaged down tube that would need to be replaced for a correct restoration but it isn’t necessary for the build I’m doing.

Last edited:
Back