When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wanted to change out the handlebars for a more comfortable ride on my '87 ( PMX, Pack Mule) High Sierra.
20220621_184356.jpg

So..I replaced the no so "high" bars with bmx 9 1/2 inch high bars. Yes the quill is reversed as to bring the bars back. The rear shifter moved to an up/ down shifting operation .
20230123_101747.jpg

Leftover parts
I don't need 21 gears so the front derailleur and thumb shifter removed. The "bull horns" ..gone. And the double kick stand didn't work well so I opted for a single. I'll get a "slick stik" one day, once I go camping.
20230123_170808.jpg

Finished putting the chain on note Schwinn skiptooth chains prewar New World work on Pierce Angola bikes. Bike All adjusted up and ready to test ride!!!!!👍😎🤩🚵😂😃

View attachment 1774318

View attachment 1774319
Hi!
I recently picked up this 1968 Schwinn speedster. It’s the first light weight I’ve owned. It has a set of 26” s-6 rims which take a Schwinn only tire. I’m a big fan of the prewar/ early postwar ballon tire Schwinn. These fortunately use a tire size that are commonly available in many sizes. My question is are the rims on the light weight bikes like yours a common size that’s readily available also?

Hi!
I recently picked up this 1968 Schwinn speedster. It’s the first light weight I’ve owned. It has a set of 26” s-6 rims which take a Schwinn only tire. I’m a big fan of the prewar/ early postwar ballon tire Schwinn. These fortunately use a tire size that are commonly available in many sizes. My question is are the rims on the light weight bikes like yours a common size that’s readily available also?
Here’s the speedster

5355F869-A78F-4D28-A879-D80F082B9446.jpeg

Kenda makes tires for these wheels .. not really a fan of Kenda and the way they fit. originals are out there, that's what I use.

your Speedster is a Racer by the way. a Racer is what turned me into a lightweight guy. I have S-7's on my racer, with genuine Schwinn tires.
Oops! Definitely a racer! My neighbor has a speedster and I was texting back and forth with him and got speedster on the brain! 🤣😂

Kenda makes tires for these wheels .. not really a fan of Kenda and the way they fit. originals are out there, that's what I use.

your Speedster is a Racer by the way. a Racer is what turned me into a lightweight guy. I have S-7's on my racer, with genuine Schwinn tires.
I’ve seen the kenda and used em on another bike. They were a total pita to get them to seat properly. Was hoping for an alternative solution that made tire choices and easy solution. I also like the look of the older light weight bikes more than these too so was looking for a win win! Lol

Picked up this 24” Electra for my 7 year old daughter for $30 a while back. It was hardly used but stored outside. I painted the filthy whitewall tires with tire black, serviced the bearings, replaced the rusty bars and seat post with alloy ones from my stash and dumped the fenders. I also fitted a better front brake, lights, pedals and a decent chain all out my parts pile.

She approved once I fitted the streamers and ding dong bell from her 20” bike and has already done about 50 laps of the driveway on it.

7CAF832D-F155-4B60-876F-B546C5401FF0.jpeg

Before
C0122EA9-0C7E-45C1-A4ED-B8E434149F7C.jpeg

After

Last edited:
Back