When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
Worked on this long spring for my 37 Mercury

584D0302-A58C-40DC-AA05-E9D0222E7607.jpeg

Picked this Michigan City Excelsior on Friday wasn't looking for a early bicycle - but ....

So I had to dial in all the details on her before the maiden voyage as the new caretaker -- Bicycle was decent - but it's all in the details as they say ..... with great odd color kind of a moss green Harley bicycle color original paint on her with the red & Kelly green graphics with black pins -- super odd super cool

Started off by rebuilt the pedals with new replacement pedal blocks in off white new bearings / grease -- new replacement grips -- fauxed in the Velocity Blunt wheels to match better than they did & replaced the bearings & front axel on thing vintage front hub - rebuilt the New Departure rear hub & replaced the brake arm with the earlier brake arm ( still not correct for the year but good for the shake down ride to be replaced later ) - pinstriped the wheel set -- overspray removal on frame & fenders -- overspray removal of silver paint on bars -- replaced the seat post with a longer one to raise the seat to a better riding position -- custom painted a aluminum CYCLONE COASTER license plate to match the theme -- added a faceted jeweled reflector to the back fender & one of Joes Hula Girls for the finishing touch --

Maiden Voyage went perfect on this early machine Sunday - Another Ridden not Hidden - Frank

Last edited:
Working on my western flyer today. I can’t believe how well the ultrasonic cleaner works. I took this rusty stiff old chain and did the following: soaked in toluene over night then set it in the ultrasonic cleaner at 40C with a bit of acid mixed in the water then took a brass bristled brush and scrubbed lightly. I rinsed it in wd40 then soaked it in oil
@Mr. Monkeyarms
@KingSized HD

0B49E710-3158-41DA-8A2B-0349FB1F627B.jpeg

895307FF-F764-48DE-8A35-AD8678323A89.jpeg

EB70D10E-BDF8-4293-BA1A-F6DE34462844.png

Last edited:
Back