When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

E951008A-8DA5-4269-9C86-909B3F0D6D87.jpeg

Rebuilt the new departure model d hub on the 34 Colson. I'll be bummed if this doesn't fix the squeek. Trying to get all my bikes rolling smooth for summer. Didn't use oil.... Just grease. Lots of grease. :). It's nice working with decent and complete parts.

20210420_175313.jpg

20210420_173142.jpg

20210420_193120.jpg

Got a pile of parts back from the powder coater today... Came out well considering what they looked like before. Long spring B1 Deluxe off my '38 Schwinn and a prewar Troxel I picked up for a project. Got them mostly reassembled. Pans are gonna take a trip out west...

IMG_2416.jpg

Did a quickie tune-up and a dust-off on this motobike right before it left the garage for cash.
My 78yr old mom brought this project home from a rummage sale one day for $20 (for Herself to ride)...it needed a gas tank and carb. I shook my head in disgust, thinking great another project I didn't sign myself up for.
Turned out to be way too scary fast and awckward for her to pull start...even though the Subaru motor usually started on the 1st-2nd pull. Made a sk8 board grab-bar for ol'geezer skitching. Coffee thermos for a gas tank...and a custom head tube badge from a Ichibike key chain...Brapp!
Ichibike in DesMoines is rad...even though I've never been there that shop inspired this build.
Thanks Dan.

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Playing with the idea of using box store Schwinn fenders on my '64 Columbia Fire Bolt. Been hand sanding them; will polish, then will paint pinstripes & or use the Shelby fender tip layout once I Know & if I am Happy with fitment. Bought the A&i 18" gooseneck from @coasterbrakejunkie1969 & I may see If I like it for my daily rider. I ended up buying a pair of SunLite Dual Compound Aluminum & Rubber grip pedals. I am testing out If I like the New Bling on the faux patina Rat Rod look. I'll try a tradition pair of Schwinn fenders from a Schwinn Cruiser 7 next if these don't do it for me. May even use the Nexus 7 ...... Testing Out Anything & Everything to make my Ride 1 of a Kind Mine ;)

Went out to the Garage to finish prepping the last few parts for the Mizutani but as I was moving bikes to get to my bench I got distracted by a Speedster in the line. My friend Damian just finished building a sweet bmx cruiser that gave me ideas to use a stem I've had for a while with the Speedster I keep having to move to make a similar bike....

Speedster from a partial trade...

Then added a wheelset with Nexus Inter 7 hub out back that's also been laying around for years with some 26"x1.90" Bontrager Cruiser tires. Gonna try an old Deore XT thumb shifter that flips from friction/7 speed index to work with the hub. Ended up with this...

Need to find a laid back seatpost & bmx fork (wait, what? You have one to spare? How much?) to complete what I had in mind. Kind of in between a klunker & bmx with the 7 speeds. We'll see where it ends up when it's time to build it!;)

Also tried out some bars I found at the co-op on the Elgin Dirt Tracker.

Bikes are so much fun!:laughing::laughing::p:p:yum::yum:

Back