When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Went out to the Garage to finish prepping the last few parts for the Mizutani but as I was moving bikes to get to my bench I got distracted by a Speedster in the line. My friend Damian just finished building a sweet bmx cruiser that gave me ideas to use a stem I've had for a while with the Speedster I keep having to move to make a similar bike....
View attachment 1398313
Speedster from a partial trade...View attachment 1398316

Then added a wheelset with Nexus Inter 7 hub out back that's also been laying around for years with some 26"x1.90" Bontrager Cruiser tires. Gonna try an old Deore XT thumb shifter that flips from friction/7 speed index to work with the hub. Ended up with this...
View attachment 1398326

View attachment 1398327

View attachment 1398328

View attachment 1398331

Need to find a laid back seatpost & bmx fork (wait, what? You have one to spare? How much?) to complete what I had in mind. Kind of in between a klunker & bmx with the 7 speeds. We'll see where it ends up when it's time to build it!;)

Also tried out some bars I found at the co-op on the Elgin Dirt Tracker.
View attachment 1398347

View attachment 1398348

View attachment 1398349

View attachment 1398350

Bikes are so much fun!:laughing::laughing::p:p:yum::yum:
@ @ @ Mr.. M.yarms...

Nice bike Amigo.

I call this one's my self...

Everytime I see a bike set up" " " like your.

The Last one on your Post above.
(ELGIN/ BK.)

A (War Tankers ).!!! :p :cool: :) ;)

Stay Safe With family.!!! and friends.!!!

Be.!!!!...Happy...!!!!:D ;) :)

Last edited:
Took an old POS seat from an 80’s Schwinn and going to try my hand at recovering. Read the very entertaining post from @the tinker about how to do it. Figure I try on a worthless seat first;). Got all the rust off the springs and spray painted the hardware. It was rusted so bad I had to drill out the nose rivet and add a nut and bolt to keep the front together. Now off for a ride in the hood with my box cutter. All discarded leather furniture in the area is now at risk!

F53DF31A-FFEF-4B22-94E6-6E48C4A9FC9D.jpeg

38CF0451-F80D-4226-9DE6-027B21A4ED81.jpeg

1E360C4C-5084-4180-BDCC-919993088161.jpeg

Last edited:
Worked on this 30s CCM motorbike redid some of the bearings trued the wheels up a little cleaned up what I could .
Put some nice tires on and rebuilt the pedals .
Have all the parts for this fenders chain guard etc. seat and bars are just placeholders will restore original seat .
Someone painted the handlebars so will probably replace them .
Gotta change the rear sprocket to a 20 tooth as well it's a bit of a beast with this gearing.
Will overhaul the triplex crankset when I paint it but that won't be until it gets a lot warmer out
I'm thinking by the looks of things it's been painted at least 3times 1 factory and 2 repaints .
When I looked up colours for this year it came in 2 Burgundy and dark navy blue .
I've had a nicer one than this that was more original so I'm thinking of some thing like a grey colour or pewter with some pearl in it
or maybe a nice Mercedes silver lots of really cool new car colours out there right now so who knows.

IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg

Last edited:
Back