When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Im working on trying to decide what to do with this 26 single. It has a crusty hoop but no real rust on the ND-W hub or spokes. I tested a nut from a Monark ND wheel on the axle and it doesnt fit so Im thinking its 28 for Schwinn. The hoop isnt tubular tho so Im a little unclear on the specs for this wheel.

Ok now that we're all caught up, my question is obviously to clean or not to clean?
The severity of the rust is making me lean towards cleaning it but what do you guys think?
Plus if anyone knows what hoop this is(not a schwinn guy, I have no clue) Id appreciate any info on the hoop.
The result Im after isnt really which option would make it worth the most, more like which option is likely to have the most broad appeal so as to have the largest possible pool of potential buyers

Also, If anyone has a match for it I'd be open to working a deal in either direction
8329948731f35a96fc559b2902afa27b.jpg
d4de5c102e468e81d345e146d2441c27.jpg
b6070a444410c00a2758be3d7d912d76.jpg
366dfa65e80bc0fc5e323d6fefe761df.jpg
ecd64ae4a3e8d07a5770bf6f0dcf6c3b.jpg

Last edited:
Im working on trying to decide what to do with this 26 single. It has a crusty hoop but no real rust on the ND-W hub or spokes. I tested a nut from a Monark ND wheel on the axle and it doesnt fit so Im thinking its 28 for Schwinn. The hoop isnt tubular tho so Im a little unclear on the specs for this wheel.

Ok now that we're all caught up, my question is obviously to clean or not to clean?
The severity of the rust is making me lean towards cleaning it but what do you guys think?
Plus if anyone knows what hoop this is(not a schwinn guy, I have no clue) i.d. appreciate any info on the hoop.
Last but not least if anybody needs this wheel or could use it, hit me up. And for anyone who may be interested. Im gonna hold off on doing anything to it for a few days so that I can get some feedback before I decide View attachment 1130176View attachment 1130177View attachment 1130178View attachment 1130179View attachment 1130180

Pretty sure it's postwar Cleveland Welding. I have to get off the computer now but will get back to you later with more info and photos on the single rear that I just cleaned in similar condition (came out fairly decent).

Well today here in The Beautiful CLEVELAND Ohio is cloudy & rain.
Sporadic, I decided To take care
Of these beautiful bike.

And finally finish adjust here and there
The ( Elusive) & almost ;) Impossible
Tooo find ( CWC)( B.D.S) another step to

Get closer and closer the way I want this
Machine and I can't wait for the good weather to ride on Not Hidden....;)

And always first, Thanks Jesus for always, blessing me my family & Friends. :)

20200126_141422.jpg

20200126_141430.jpg

20200126_141551.jpg

Im picking up what youre puttin down!
Lets !^@#in mate bro!..I may need to work on my phrasing

Cleveland Welding for sure. I have these same rims on a couple of my original postwar Roadmasters. Maybe my rim wasn't quite as crusty as yours, but pretty close. Most of the rust scraped off with a #16 X-Acto blade. Didn't mind using WD 40 and some steel wool because minor dulling would hardly be noticeable on this rim. and finished off with some wadded up tin foil. You could stick it in some oxalic acid and probably get some pretty good results, but I like to scrape rust.

Ya thats my thinking exactly but I always hear "leave the patina" so I thought I might solicit some alternative view points before I do anything. For me thats not an attractive patina and Im pretty sure It'll be 100% rust free when Im done, these 2 hoops were just as bad last week
a516f756777275b74e98d7eb84b989c1.jpg

Well today here in The Beautiful CLEVELAND Ohio is cloudy & rain.
Sporadic, I decided To take care
Of these beautiful bike.

And finally finish adjust here and there
The ( Elusive) & almost ;) Impossible
Tooo find ( CWC)( B.D.S) another step to

Get closer and closer the way I want this
Machine and I can't wait for the good weather to ride on Not Hidden....;)

And always first, Thanks Jesus for always, blessing me my family & Friends. :)

View attachment 1130230

View attachment 1130231

View attachment 1130232
?
Such a cool bike!! Any pics of the front view :)

Back