When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just an old bike.
Fix one thing and focus on the next.

My newly acquired Continental that had some chips and years of gunk stuck on the paint. It actually cleaned up very well and had some paint chips needing touching up only.

Ridiculous high price of the old Schwinn colors on eBay inspired me to mix my own enamel Kool Lemon paint. After some experimentation mixing two shades of yellow I got a perfect match. I used one of my air brushes to touch up certain areas. Now to let it cure and then I will shoot some clear enamel for extra protection. I will then wax it once the clear cures getting an even shine on the paint.
This area had some paint loss
View attachment 1091445

View attachment 1091444

View attachment 1091447

View attachment 1091446

View attachment 1091443

View attachment 1091442

Some parts I left as is cause the wheels and bolts will be covering them. I’m not going for the pristine mint look rather some wear here and there. I ride all my bikes so some wear and patina looks good to me.
The third picture shows the bottom left side of the fork where there was one ugly 4-5” long X 1/4” wide scratch exposing the red oxide primer. Now it got covered up completely and looks perfect.

You have the cereal license plates. I have the whole collection.

Been fiddling with the 55 Raleigh the past few nights trying to get it up to snuff and ready to ride!
View attachment 1092985

View attachment 1092986

Didn't have time to get in a good test ride to take it to the Denver Tweed Ride tonight to feel safe. Should be just fine but fixing a bike in the dark isn't ideal...:neutral:

Think I'll play it safe and ride the Mead.
View attachment 1092987

Whatever I ride will be surrounded by a 10'-12' halo of disco ball effect. ;)

Your Raleigh is first rate. I love each of mine.

Back