When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Been turning wrenches on this old girl 1955 schwinn! Cranks were locked up! Need a crank bearing and chain should have it a rider soon with a few more bucks and 4 hours! I wish i had time for a respray and all!

8E8FA55D-2036-4CEC-AF83-AC4193EB10BF.jpeg

4DE86EA1-630D-4004-90C6-C06D40D39F0C.jpeg

767F0AEC-896C-43C2-9553-75A1C58118EC.jpeg

87369780-C61D-40AE-B46C-C022772F5FA0.jpeg

C3E82BEB-E460-462B-B804-4E26CC7749C6.jpeg

ECDD64D9-F9BA-43E6-91C5-0D978ACFF918.jpeg

Nowhere near as exotic as some of the other stuff in this thread, this is the bigger sibling to the 24" Corvette I built up a while back. I found this frame toward the end of last year, and have been slowly making headway on it, but more so in the last month or so. The larger portion of today was wasted trying to locate the keys for the trailer as there were some parts in it that I needed to continue on with the work. After about 2 hours, I found them - right where they were supposed to be, and had probably touched them in the course of the search at least a dozen times! Oh well, The rest of what I need is fairly well committed to memory so next time I hope to have it sitting on two wheels instead of the work stand. When it's closer to done, I'll see about getting them together in a photo. Here's today's Corvette progress:
View attachment 1167731
I also tied up a couple of loose ends on the green 67 CT2... Loose chainguard and some air in the tires.. need more!
View attachment 1167738
Supervisor Fred was making sure I didn't leave anything out... Also fiddled a bit with the Ross Delivery Bike
View attachment 1167742
Giving some thought to a seat change for the Ross - Color and type possible.
REC
After a period of not working on much other than picking up some other stuff, both in parts and project wise, I got out today and spent some more time on the Corvette project, as well as a bit work on the "48 CT2 that has been sitting aside for months. My ambition has not been super high in a while, but I found the urge to mess around with these projects for the first time in a while. Started out with the Corvette, I dug up another chainguard since the one I had painted and ready turned out to be a 24'" model. I had found and bought another one, and painted the portion of it that would be black, and as usual, put it in a safe place until I was ready to put the decal on it and then install it on the bike. When I said as usual, that just means that the "safe place" I put it means it was pretty much lost among the other parts in the shop. Several weeks ago, I was looking for a chainguard for the "Bob the CT" project and found another NOS guard for the Corvette that I'd need to paint for the bike. I did that this afternoon and it came out pretty good. I went to hang it to sit and cure for a day or two, and as things usually go for me, I looked down from where I was standing to hang the freshly painted guard and there directly in front of me I found the guard I painted for the Corvette several months ago. Great! now I have two 26" ones. When the one I did today cures for a couple of days, I'll get it down, install the decal, and then get it mounted. I'll save the other one for another frame I have sitting, waiting to get built into something middleweight for the future. OK, now that this is done and curing, I moved on to hunting down the wheelset for the '48 Cycle-Truck CT2 project that had stalled for a while. It shows through the door in the picture posted in April with the nose pointed to the left in the photo from the April post.
The '48 CT2 Project:

The sibling '46 CT1 is also shown pointing to the right in the same previous photo. Now that I have the wheels located and sitting in the room where my desk is, I can now get them mounted on the frame and see how much further I can get with the project before losing my ambition yet again. The seat I mentioned possibly finding its way to the Ross Delivery Cycle is also sitting in the room where the desk is, and as of yet, I have not made any further effort to get it changed out. Maybe that will be another "happening" over this weekend.
My last other thought for this weekend is to get the rear fender modified for the "Bob Project." That will bring him a little closer to getting some color on the frame and parts, and then back on his feet. I also need to dig around some more for the second box of Cycle-Truck fenders to get a front one out for "Bob." Like everything else I put in a safe place, the box is amongst the missing for now!
REC.....

After a period of not working on much other than picking up some other stuff, both in parts and project wise, I got out today and spent some more time on the Corvette project, as well as a bit work on the "48 CT2 that has been sitting aside for months. My ambition has not been super high in a while, but I found the urge to mess around with these projects for the first time in a while. Started out with the Corvette, I dug up another chainguard since the one I had painted and ready turned out to be a 24'" model. I had found and bought another one, and painted the portion of it that would be black, and as usual, put it in a safe place until I was ready to put the decal on it and then install it on the bike. When I said as usual, that just means that the "safe place" I put it means it was pretty much lost among the other parts in the shop. Several weeks ago, I was looking for a chainguard for the "Bob the CT" project and found another NOS guard for the Corvette that I'd need to paint for the bike. I did that this afternoon and it came out pretty good. I went to hang it to sit and cure for a day or two, and as things usually go for me, I looked down from where I was standing to hang the freshly painted guard and there directly in front of me I found the guard I painted for the Corvette several months ago. Great! now I have two 26" ones. When the one I did today cures for a couple of days, I'll get it down, install the decal, and then get it mounted. I'll save the other one for another frame I have sitting, waiting to get built into something middleweight for the future. OK, now that this is done and curing, I moved on to hunting down the wheelset for the '48 Cycle-Truck CT2 project that had stalled for a while. It shows through the door in the picture posted in April with the nose pointed to the left in the photo from the April post.
The '48 CT2 Project:
View attachment 1202697
The sibling '46 CT1 is also shown pointing to the right in the same previous photo. Now that I have the wheels located and sitting in the room where my desk is, I can now get them mounted on the frame and see how much further I can get with the project before losing my ambition yet again. The seat I mentioned possibly finding its way to the Ross Delivery Cycle is also sitting in the room where the desk is, and as of yet, I have not made any further effort to get it changed out. Maybe that will be another "happening" over this weekend.
My last other thought for this weekend is to get the rear fender modified for the "Bob Project." That will bring him a little closer to getting some color on the frame and parts, and then back on his feet. I also need to dig around some more for the second box of Cycle-Truck fenders to get a front one out for "Bob." Like everything else I put in a safe place, the box is amongst the missing for now!
REC.....
I went out and dug around some more today, but was apparently looking in the wrong area. I found some things I will need to finish the '48 CT, but not the box with the fenders in it. I DID find some pedals that I was not even sure I had anymore, so that made it worth the time, however, that didn't help with the fender search. As the '48 is not nosed into that end of the shop at this point, it should be a little easier to get into the stuff that is where it was sitting before it got attached to the work stand. Tomorrow will be another day, and I hope to be back out there again.

More work on the Western Flyer yesterday. Was hoping to have the wheels done but had 1 spoke in front & 7 on the rear that wouldn't break loose. Gave 'em another shot of penetrating oil and put them aside to let that go to work. They will be easy to true once those spokes break loose and the hubs are buttery smooth. Serviced the headset & bottom bracket. Straightened the truss rods & support. Will try to finish the wheels today and get tires mounted & ready for assembly.

Transforming my "Klunker '63" Schwinn American back to street use. After tear down, I cleaned and degreased the frame , chainguard and fork. Maybe a fresh paint job and decals are in order.

It's amazing how
"flamboyant " the red is under the head badge.
20200606_124039.jpg

The bearkings and bearing cups are soaking in degreaser. The rest needs attention as well
20200606_123937.jpg

It's a start.

Back