When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hoping to save the one intact pointed elgin grip so boiled it and rubbed it with glycerine to make it soft again hopefully. After making 40’s rubber soup put the rear fender back on.
794306B7-2288-4E52-9B45-9D79DD6CBE84.jpeg

82C8FE6C-BFFC-4AEE-8B96-88BB9D2FD987.jpeg

Trying out OA in the ultrasonic cleaner for nickel parts. Only did them for five and ten minutes depending on the part. Heaps of rust came off but the bathes were short enough in duration that it doesn’t seem like the nickel has dulled.

I also framed this ad for my studio.

C165AE7E-61FD-4C3A-961D-5E74643E4091.jpeg

40103362-6802-4510-851B-CC45626A5DFB.jpeg

AFEC5726-FD41-4964-A21E-BA4738766639.jpeg

Trying out OA in the ultrasonic cleaner for nickel parts. Only did them for five and ten minutes depending on the part. Heaps of rust came off but the bathes were short enough in duration that it doesn’t seem like the nickel has dulled.

I also framed this ad for my studio.

View attachment 1230011

View attachment 1230012

View attachment 1230073
That Columbia pic . That monkey/ Devil looking thing looks like he is having a lot more fun than that Parrot

My newly acquired Continental that had some chips and years of gunk stuck on the paint. It actually cleaned up very well and had some paint chips needing touching up only.

Ridiculous high price of the old Schwinn colors on eBay inspired me to mix my own enamel Kool Lemon paint. After some experimentation mixing two shades of yellow I got a perfect match. I used one of my air brushes to touch up certain areas. Now to let it cure and then I will shoot some clear enamel for extra protection. I will then wax it once the clear cures getting an even shine on the paint.
This area had some paint loss
View attachment 1091445

View attachment 1091444

View attachment 1091447

View attachment 1091446

View attachment 1091443

View attachment 1091442

Some parts I left as is cause the wheels and bolts will be covering them. I’m not going for the pristine mint look rather some wear here and there. I ride all my bikes so some wear and patina looks good to me.
The third picture shows the bottom left side of the fork where there was one ugly 4-5” long X 1/4” wide scratch exposing the red oxide primer. Now it got covered up completely and looks perfect.

We mix Testers paint, the small square bottles from a hobby shop, to make our own touchup paint.

Switched out the white walls for the black walls. Still need to go through the bike and re-grease all the bearings and true the wheel set. The rear hub is a New Departure 2 speed. I will need to go through and replace all the missing parts. I am pretty sure the bike came with a Morrow hubs but for now I will keep the 2 speed hub. I would like to put some Torrington 14's on this, if you have a set please hit me up.

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

These are Torrington 14's that I am looking for.
47BC4656-0946-4AB8-B572-CE9CF99D4A14.jpg

Last edited:
Back