When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, still have not touched the paint on the Barn Fresh 50 Super Cruiser, really fighting with myself on whether to leave it, or shine it up.
Wanted to even keep the original Firestones on it, and just change the tubes out. After removing the old tires, the beads were just too ate up, and the treads were separating badly! So For Now, I decided to put on a set of new re-pop Chains!:anguished:

View attachment 1238371

View attachment 1238372
Well, still have not touched the paint on the Barn Fresh 50 Super Cruiser, really fighting with myself on whether to leave it, or shine it up.
Wanted to even keep the original Firestones on it, and just change the tubes out. After removing the old tires, the beads were just too ate up, and the treads were separating badly! So For Now, I decided to put on a set of new re-pop Chains!:anguished:

View attachment 1238371

View attachment 1238372
[/QUOTE
Nice bike I like the white walls better !

Had time to install the freshly rebuilt Crusty front wheel on my prewar girls CWC Western Flyer. Perfect blend of paint to crusty combo. Too bad the chain broke when out for its maiden voyage :(

I replaced the head set bearings on "Yellow fever". It was binding as well as not smooth swing of the forks.
20200729_190141.jpg

I found the spokes to the front wheel loose. I didnt know all the spokes were way out of spec. Tension for the 1.8 mm spokes are to be a TM-1 reading between 14 to 25 (53 to167 kgf) All of the spokes were below the minimum.
The wheel was 1.5 mm out of dish as well.
20200802_075807.jpg

So in the truing stand it went.
20200801_171328.jpg

It took a bit of time, but got it laterally, radially trued, and dished . Using the Park Tool wheel Tension App , got the spokes within 10% variance.
20200801_171259.jpg
20200801_171748.jpg
20200802_075450.jpg

Yesterday was "Start On The Gumby Green Super Cruiser" day!
Eventhough I had to put this one on a table, it is time to get rockin and rollin on it! Still looking for an original seat, or have the one I have recovered.

Last edited:
It Truly Was A "Monark" Monday Grab!
50s, Firestone Special Cruiser, basically a Monark Rocket made for Firestone.The original Patina is killer on this bike, the same from all angles!
Spent yesterday getting him back close to the way he should be.
Only question is did it come with truss rods??? Catalog shows these Firestones both ways!

As it was when picked up!

After the work yesterday, neck, bars, grips, seat, and tires.

Last edited:
Back