When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Work on rubber gold today; I cleaned up the one tires so it now matches the other. Soon to be mounted on the 1919 Harley Davidson Motorcyke.

3B0064B0-817B-4B43-8FFE-5EA8502FE805.jpeg

My '41 Elgin Deluxe was nice with the Heavy Duty Sears Balloon blackwalls, but they ARE HEAVY DUTY and weigh over 6 lbs.!! The bike is a tank, not sure what it weighs. When I step on the bathroom scale with the bike it goes "error", so it's heavy, I'm pushing around 180 lbs of Molson muscle. Riding the Elgin with the HD Sears tires was like riding the JC Higgins Colorflow with original Allstate tractor tread Safety Treads. Like pedaling thru quicksand. Solution, Johns repro chain tread tires ( weigh in at just over 4 lbs) that can be inflated higher ( front currently 40lbs/rear 45lbs) and now the bike is rideable, and looks just as cool I think. YES, my legs are kinda wimpy too. I have 2 sets of the SEARS Allstate HD Balloon b/w for sale, now, post soon. Rare tires.

2 pr side.JPG

2 pr.JPG

Deluxe 41 orange.JPG

Elgin lawn orange tire.JPG

front orange.JPG

Elgin orange.JPG

Elgin Del 5.JPG

Too much smoke from the fires to ride today, so I turned some wrenches. Installed a set of fat 26x2.35 tires on my barn find Colson, and a steel handlebar off of a low end early 90’s Giant MTB (comfortable straight bar) I got for free. Grips are 60’s Hunt Wilde until I get something period correct.

These changes may be sacrilegious, but I actually love to ride this bike and plan to make it my ‘go to / daily’ rider.

(No weird filter on photo, it’s due to wild fire smoke)

DE0B67EF-EDEB-4502-8E15-D0648A243148.jpeg

Back