When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Worked on the 1941 Shelby. Tried loosening the nut on the bottom of the Shock Ease fork but its being difficult including pulling the tiny cotter key out. Took a break and uncovered one of the original darts on top of the frame.

20201023_215104.jpg

My '52 Monark General I have been derusting using The Works Toilet bowl cleaner, steel wool, & wire brushes to try to clean it up to look more like this ebay 24" Rocket. Closest bike that I found to match but mine has No chrome left on much of anything but maybe the seat crash rail. Been cleaning it up as patiently as I can, tore the ND D apart & cleaned; double checking it before greasing bearings & adding 30w oil. Loose fit the crank but I am 50/50 I either added a washer before the chain ring or there wasn't 1. Guess I'll find out via chain alignment. Lol

Wish my bike was as clean as this already but not even close

Update on my JC Higgins
I asked on another forum about what color paint to use on the fenders that I want to put on. Most people said to leave them brown. What are your thoughts?View attachment 1290647
The brown fenders do add something classy about it. Maybe at first glace it looks like dark wood fenders.
I love that green.! I think I go with that green on the fenders as well..
BTW, What color is that?

Last edited:
I finally changed the front tire on my rat '63 schwinn American. It blew out a while back and I just store it in shed #2. I was busy getting my Schwinn Suburban ready for the camping adventure in West Virginia. Then other things came up.
20201026_170457.jpg

As you can see, both tire and tube are not serviceable. I replaced the tire with another well used tire and better tube.
20201026_170342.jpg

And to get some seat height, I installed a new 19 inch seat post
20201026_165921.jpg

Hoping to ride it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back