When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I put a new set of cream Schwalbe tires on my '39 Royal Imperial light roadster. Found a good deal on EU eBay and ordered two pair from Germany. Nice price but shipping was pert-near 8 weeks. I like the cream color on a roadster. Hoping the tubes hold up for a good long time because between the rod brakes and the chain tensioners on the rear forks changing tires ain't easy. Now just gotta wait for spring.... Ugh!

Finally started working on my '41 Excelsior badged schwinn...

IMG_1544.jpg

Well sort of... Building a new set of wheels for it and broke down, cleaned and lubed the (new) New Departure Blackout hubs... The front is NOS the rear is in decent shape but needed some love. Blasted all of the fossilized grease and passed all the discs over 800 grit..oiled them and lubed it up. Was able to bring back the script by rubbing some white dupli color into it a few times... I knew I would catch a few of the scratches as well but think it turned out pretty well. Next just need to break the bike down and clean and grease and this baby will be back on the road

Clean hub...
IMG_1798.jpg

Before
IMG_1806.jpg

After

IMG_1807.jpg

Ready for build

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Last edited: