When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
Got a key cutting machine last weekend, so I decided to give a go at making a new key for my old Dx’s locking fork. Actually works!

Also found a set of fenders for the Dx that are more correct looking than my shorty ones. Front is installed. Still working on the rear one

6FD91B5F-66AA-4F31-B744-BEC3631737D7.jpeg

I put my Gravel King slicks on today. The tred pattern is very similar to the tubular track tires that were on it originally. They are 35 mm wide, a little wide for this bike but they fit. As I mentioned earlier I have two bicycles with the dreaded single tube tires. I’m going to move this wheel set around the three bikes, depending on what I want to ride. The single tube tires on my other bikes are1.5 inches wide so these are a little narrow. It was a compromise on the tires but I’m as happy as I could be with a compromise.

I need a working horn...and the head lite stuff... i have a correct front fender!?

Last edited:
Just when i get a little money to spend... the job picks up and have no time to work on bikes!

Last edited:
Worked on the brakes on this one looks cool but did not stop .
Has 80 year old Perry hub put in newer brake drum and actuator made sure there was no Grease on drum and hub shell
sanded the inside of the hub shell to remove mirror finish that was on the braking surface greased all bearings reassembled .
And left 2 brown skid marks on my neighbours driveway.

It's a 30s Zenith branded Snyder fastback

IMG_9003.JPG

Back