When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
I worked on my 87 High Sierra, changing the tires out to a "knobby" set. Going to ride on unimproved trail in Dalghren Virginia tomorrow.
20210321_111726.jpg

Swapping the Geax 38mm (1.5 inch ) to NLK 50mm (1.95 inch) tires

The finished product. The roller cam brakes were a little bit tricky to adjust, but got er done
20210322_102325.jpg

worked on my DX putting the rack on with proper Schwinn hardware. 3rd times a charm, bought some repop fender/rack bolts that were garbage and stripped out. then bought some where they showed long fender/rack bolts and shipped me shorter ones that don't work with the rack. 3rd time bought a group of 10 sets and one was long bolts.

Worked on the brakes on this one looks cool but did not stop .
Has 80 year old Perry hub put in newer brake drum and actuator made sure there was no Grease on drum and hub shell
sanded the inside of the hub shell to remove mirror finish that was on the braking surface greased all bearings reassembled .
And left 2 brown skid marks on my neighbours driveway.

It's a 30s Zenith branded Snyder fastback

View attachment 1377407

I tell you what, im not a fenderless guy, but boy that bike just looks awesome! Very striking and the tires offset the color perfectly.

Back