When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
Worked outside the shop yesterday. Had this ole Higgins 24" that I decided to get a little "Artsy" with. Thought it might look cool mounted to the top of a vintage Man Basket I've had sitting for a while.

Got it broke down to a 24" BMX or Mountain Bike; as it is I have to swap over cables, Sachs Hurret Shifter, front wheel needs Trued & Clean/Grease the Entire bike. Now it can at least be stored or wall mounted in the garage so I don't have to worry about thieves 😎

Looks sweet dc76! Show us the process please. Love to know how ya did that!
Well I primed the rim first. Sanded it down a bit . Then painted with a medium beige spray paint . Sanded that a bit and then proceded to brush on some minwax gel stain. This is my first time around doing it so I think with time I’ll get better. Pretty simple just time consuming . Cant wait to do something else to home in my skills. Here’s what I used.
Hope this helps👊🏻

Well I primed the rim first. Sanded it down a bit . Then painted with a medium beige spray paint . Sanded that a bit and then proceded to brush on some minwax gel stain. This is my first time around doing it so I think with time I’ll get better. Pretty simple just time consuming . Cant wait to do something else to home in my skills. Here’s what I used. View attachment 1433268Hope this helps👊🏻
I may give this a try sometime myself; I don't own any 28"+ bikes of that era or vintage but it would be sooo Cool with actual wood accents or tanks. Easily more capable to color match or contrast depending on both the stains & wood being used 🤔. I love the wrap vinyl as well but it can get expensive & be difficult to make it look professional depending on use

Well I hope this constitutes as working on bikes but worked on hanging up some bikes to separate from the Junkyard.... hung some up in junkyard too ... Created some room .... If you see anything that interests you let me know as some of these are going to be for sale ... obviously i will get you more pictures if interested ..,, Happy Fathers Day to All !!!

Bob

6A4C5233-EEE6-4FB7-897F-5F762F403734.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished up my Birthday Bike yesterday. Came out much better than expected! Took some liberties and had some fun. Rides amazing!

1956 Middleweight, I believe to be a Hornet, chaingaurd is not original.

Here is how it came to me. This was a gift from my uncle for finding a bike he had been looking for. It just so happened to share my birthday!

View attachment 1433164

View attachment 1433165
Got it broke down to a 24" BMX or Mountain Bike; as it is I have to swap over cables, Sachs Hurret Shifter, front wheel needs Trued & Clean/Grease the Entire bike. Now it can at least be stored or wall mounted in the garage so I don't have to worry about thieves 😎
That’s the oddest bike! It’s like the bmx erector Set! Lol! Way to save another odd ball Superman! Love it!

That’s the oddest bike! It’s like the bmx erector Set! Lol! Way to save another odd ball Superman! Love it!
Funny thing is I fell in love with It Instantly seeing it. Got stung by some kinda wasp🤷‍♂️ didn't even care🤣. Never owned an erector set as a kid so Now Maybe the bike will change looks from time to time since it's stupid simple to do. Here's part of the advertising I have managed to find for it

Eventually I want to at least build it identically into each pictured possibility while I own it & ride it at least once documented. For Fun & since there's Not Much information online documenting them. @dnc1 made a point in my actual thread of Bmx/mountain bike that it may not have came with bars & I think it would be cool to use lighter weight chromoly or even aluminum to make it drastically lighter. It's pig heavy in tandem form. Not too bad as pictured here in single rider but by No Means light

Last edited:
Back