When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
A fun little rider.
I think she's done (for now). Reassembled this girl after a full cleaning and service.
20210621_151258.jpg

Speaking of old, picked up this beautiful 1941 Westfield last week from fellow CABE member Bob U. Thanks Bob for your excellent packing that prevented shipping damage specially when the FedEx guy accidentally dropped one of the boxes 😱 in front of me while unloading it from the truck!
Finally got some free time to clean out and re grease the ND rear hub, front hub, bottom bracket, and gently cleaned and polished the original paint that looks incredible. I still have to put on the rear rack and the chain guard. Took it for a short spin around the block and I’m amazed how smooth and easy peddling this 80 year old bike is. The chain looks to be either original or very old requiring light cleaning and lubrication. The chain wear tool says it’s like new.

Working on restoring the original horn unit. I also got the light working again and waiting for the replacement light lens to arrive from Paul (tech549).

I stripped the paint off this old set of apehangers and applied some Triple P to give it a Patina finish.

Triple P - Porkchop's Patina Potion was formulated by @Porkchop .
20210622_090709.jpg

The potion worked great.
20210622_091040.jpg

Once cured over night, the bars were given two coats of matte clear. And after the clear cured the bars were put on my ratrod bike
20210622_195951.jpg
20210622_200140.jpg

I still have to change the rear tire out. But it's getting there. Anyway thanks again @,Porkchop for the formula and easy to follow instructions.

I stripped the paint off this old set of apehangers and applied some Triple P to give it a Patina finish.View attachment 1434693

Triple P - Porkchop's Patina Potion was formulated by @Porkchop .
View attachment 1434694
The potion worked great.
View attachment 1434695
Once cured over night, the bars were given two coats of matte clear. And after the clear cured the bars were put on my ratrod bikeView attachment 1434696View attachment 1434697
I still have to change the rear tire out. But it's getting there. Anyway thanks again @,Porkchop for the formula and easy to follow instructions.
That’s awesome! I can’t stop laughing at the triple p! That’s too funny! Glad it turned out great for ya! Why fake the rust when you can make the rust with triple p!! Lmao!!

Back