When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A friend I made last year at the local bike store dropped off the rims today for my 53 Roadmaster. Double wall SE rims laced to a Shimano 110 coaster and SA front drum. I supplied the rims and hubs but he made my day when he said there was no charge for the spokes and labour.

I’ll try and get the bike done tomorrow.

Last edited:
Finished assembling the 53 Roadmaster I purchased from @Krakatoa recently.

Rides smooth and solid. I’ll need to fit a 48 tooth front sprocket and smaller rear to prevent the chain slapping on the chain guard. Yesterday I bought a 48t repop luxury liner sprocket for a regular 1/2 chain off ebay and i’ll swap it when it arrives. As much as i would have liked to retain the original skiptooth sprocket, I couldn’t justify the cost of buying a nos chain for it which including shipping in Aussie dollars would be over $300.

I also need to make a longer seat post as I am 6’2. I removed the original saddle and fit a Brooks leather saddle from one of my other bikes as I can ride for hours on them.

I stored all the original parts I didn’t use in a box for the next owner.

Looking forward to putting some miles on it soon.

Last edited:
I have dismantled much of the '40 Western Flyer. The seat has been stripped down and cleaned of most of the rust
20210824_130043.jpg
20210824_130054.jpg

The wheels taken down to the rims
20210824_120637.jpg

As you can see, this bicycle was originally red. I can take the blue, but not the yellow scallops.
I tried using Goof Off to remove the blue paint. But the red paint was coming off as well.
20210824_132433.jpg

The frame , forks and wheels will definitely be media blasted.
Powdercoat or paint? 🤔 That is the next decision.

Back