When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I recently got this bike from cr250mark here on the cabe. I always have wanted a 2 tone green bike and this one will work for now. It is a winte

Winter project and will take lots of elbow grease to complete. So far with just rubbing compound the colors are starting to come out! So far so good!

20211005_105529.jpg

mocked this up. 1948 Huffman, found these Monark fenders and the swap last week, if it looks like 2 rear fenders that is because you have no imagination. red fender will be extended with the front of the black fender, black fender will be made into a front fender. fork is a bit bent, but I will probably put some sort of funky and cheap springer on it.... may give the frame a bit of a slice and dice with a bit more rake and lower. finding these fenders was the only real plan so far. these have to be the coolest fat tire fenders ever made.

mocked this up. 1948 Huffman, found these Monark fenders and the swap last week, if it looks like 2 rear fenders that is because you have no imagination. red fender will be extended with the front of the black fender, black fender will be made into a front fender. fork is a bit bent, but I will probably put some sort of funky and cheap springer on it.... may give the frame a bit of a slice and dice with a bit more rake and lower. finding these fenders was the only real plan so far. these have to be the coolest fat tire fenders ever made.

View attachment 1490431
How’s the 46 cantilever coming?

How’s the 46 cantilever coming?
did all the bearings and Evaporusted the chain and chrome parts, rebuilt the hub and put tubes and my old mountain bike tires on it. it is a riding stopping bike now and I'm going to leave it for a while other than swapping out the tires. trying to get everything I have up on two wheels. even built my two lightweight parts bikes into one.

did all the bearings and Evaporusted the chain and chrome parts, rebuilt the hub and put tubes and my old mountain bike tires on it. it is a riding stopping bike now and I'm going to leave it for a while other than swapping out the tires. trying to get everything I have up on two wheels. even built my two lightweight parts bikes into one.
That’s awesome! I can totally understand making them all riders before making em nice! I have a very early post war dx that I am collecting parts for. It’s currently a rider now just need to find a guard for it. It’s a crappie repaint and has holes in the frame so it’s going to be some work!

882C485A-B4AD-48CF-9C2B-0619B247E8E6.jpeg

Did some wet sanding on the clear coat on the front wheel. The 19mm (3/4 inch) came in so I elected to lace it up.
View attachment 1489140
My first cross 4 lace up. It went better than I thought. Oh, I did have a few minor screw ups. But they were easily corrected.
I even got the valve hole spoke arrangement correct the first time.
View attachment 1489142
I have laced it , over, over, over. Under. This is how it was laced originally View attachment 1489172
Question....
Should I keep it 3 overs and an under or have all overs?
I thought the under lacing made the wheel stronger.🤔
Thanks
I have taken apart a few four cross wheels (Schwinn S2) that are factory laced four overs; not three overs and one under. With one under your wheel is probably a little stronger but you have to ask yourself how much do I ride it and what kind of stresses am I putting on the wheel?

I laced up an S7 rim today (3 cross) and put together a Bendix red band from different hubs and internals. The dust cap that covers the bearings on the brake arm side is too wide to let me snug the brake arm against the anchor end expander. Is there more than one size of dust cap or did I assemble something wrong. I assembled and installed the completed wheel in the frame without the dust cap and the brakes work fine but in use it’s gonna’ get dirty. What’s a body to do?

I laced up an S7 rim today (3 cross) and put together a Bendix red band from different hubs and internals. The dust cap that covers the bearings on the brake arm side is too wide to let me snug the brake arm against the anchor end expander. Is there more than one size of dust cap or did I assemble something wrong. I assembled and installed the completed wheel in the frame without the dust cap and the brakes work fine but in use it’s gonna’ get dirty. What’s a body to do?
Yes 2 different size dust caps

Back