When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A cool thing about the Shimano nexus 7 coaster is that it is only 127mm wide and fits with a little coaxing of the dropouts. The one I have on the bike is a very early Japanese made hub off an old bike missing its head badge. I believe the later hubs are either made in Singapore or Europe and may be the same width. You may need a different no turn washer than the one it comes with to suit your dropouts. Cheapest way to get one is to look for a late model 7 speed deluxe Schwinn cruiser.
Checking craigslist all the time!. When they do show up, they usually get bought up pretty fast. In the meantime, I've got three speed coaster brake bikes. They're pretty good.

are alright

Well....i ended up trading a prewar long-spring seat for this 47 Schwinn DX carcass local over the weekend. Bent fork and bent kickstand, original red but painted blue a very long time ago so its developed a healthy patina im gonna leave. Havent fixed the bent fork yet but i added a correct era BF Goodrich badge, already had the original wheelset so i thru them back on, added some ratty blue fenders and thru in a correct stem. I have the correct inch-pitch chain wheel and cranks just not installed yet.
Time will only see how it develops as parts find their way to me, but its in line right now. Has a good look to right now.
Ignore the petrified tires, i leave em till i can put good rubber on.
looking good

Got the badge back on my Shelby.

20211022_024827.jpg

20211004_121113.jpg

Someone tell me more about those hammered stainless rims, please. I have a ‘35 Elgin with the stainless rain gutter fenders. I’ve been working hours with a bunch of body hammers and dollies trying to straighten them but with no luck. They look better but not good. I’m wondering if I could get by with a hammered look on them. Seems like an easier approach than straightening them.

I fitted McCaskey nickel plated reverse tiller bars to my ‘53 Roadmaster. The bike is way more comfortable to ride now and the plating is just stunning.

I also removed the seat and post on the f’ugly 4 gill and put it back on the ‘53. I cut a new seat post for the f’ugly 4 gill from 5/8” solid stainless bar but didn’t have a clamp to suit, so I made a shim from the top of an alloy seat post and combined it with a 7/8” clamp. Works a treat.

Back