When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yesterday was repack crank bearings and normal maintenance on the 52 SD survivor, and finish pulling the Bullnose apart day!

Got in a 44 tooth chainring to replace the 46 tooth one on my 55 Spitfire to make pedaling a bit easier on my old legs. Also cleaning the chain and thinking about taking apart the Perry hub for cleaning and greasing. Even though it works fine I’m sure it needs servicing. Anyone have a tut on taking apart a Perry hub?

Had time to eliminate as much fender gap as possible on my newly acquired Shelby Traveler.

Before

After

This will work for the time being. I plan to lace in 700c rims in the future to fit the fenders perfectly. (And a crusty Dixon bar if I find one. 😉 ) Ready to strap to the back of my car to take for the Thanksgiving Holiday with another bike yet to be decided.🤓

Morrow hub……. Finally got it working properly. Adjustment was the key. And it is just a matter of clocking that axle bolt just right. Now it rides and breaks nicely. I see what all the positive fuss is all about now, once you get through the set up torture. Apart 4-5 times. Lol.

207BFEC4-8E2B-4521-8870-AB755B49D9F8.jpeg

052F615C-E315-44AB-B544-E4490B0145AF.jpeg

1979 motobecane super mirage donor bike for refugees. Minor tuneup with freewheel sludge buildup, not freewheeling, some wd40 and freewheel spins smoothly now. Tall frame with seatpost smushed stuck. Not gonna bother with that. Cable lock unknown combo, not recoverable so dremel cutting very handy.

I threw this 34 Shelby built Western Flyer together today, most of it purchased from sales here. The Morrow hub is giving me hell. Certainly isn't as intuitive as bendix. It was slipping before, now when I hit the brakes, the hub locks up and almost throws me over the bars. Tearing it apart tomorrow….again. Can not find any video on rebuilding or overhauling the coaster brake. If anyone has any video on the Morrow hub, let me know. View attachment 1516084
View attachment 1516085

View attachment 1516086

I did find this thread somewhat helpful. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/poor-braking-with-morrow-prewar-hub.184792/page-3

Swapped out stem & bars on my new Shelby Traveler & added a spacer to the front fender to eliminate/reduce the fender gap.View attachment 1516249

Bar/stem combo is real comfortable & distributes my weight better. I like!

Gotta find time to make spacers & eliminate/reduce the rear fender gap soon. This big bike has that legendary steel frame ride quality with the thin seat stays. Fun bike to ride! 🤓
❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Tinkering with the Hiawatha after getting it reassembled. The only headlight I had was this one and it was missing the lens. Found a thin plastic Xmas ornament at the dollar store which became my donor lens. Cut it down, masked with thin strips of tape, then lightly sanded between the lines of tape. Looks kind of like a lens.....it will have to do for now!

DSCN0946.JPG

Tinkering with the Hiawatha after getting it reassembled. The only headlight I had was this one and it was missing the lens. Found a thin plastic Xmas ornament at the dollar store which became my donor lens. Cut it down, masked with thin strips of tape, then lightly sanded between the lines of tape. Looks kind of like a lens.....it will have to do for now!

View attachment 1517163
Now THAT is the kind of home-done creativity I love and appreciate! Well done! If I saw that on a ride I wouldnt question it!

Back