When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finished this one up. Came out pretty nice considering I did not completely disassemble.

Interesting how many signatures Raleigh used all over this machine. Images of Sir Walter Raleigh and Robin Hood.

I hung a new old stock showroom display guarantee card from the 1970s. I have a bunch, never used if anyone needs any PM me.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

What do ya do when you've had a 80's "El Tiawan'o" Schwinn sitting in back forever! Ya rip it and strip it! An attempt to make it a fun rider for an entry level, or bar hop collector, that wants a bit of attitude. Some big 28" beach bars, earlier cup seat and 60's grips.
Now We Wait!!😇

since its so crappy outside I've got the big lump sitting in the livingroom (blessed be the tolerant wife)

with the chores done and little to do yesterday afternoon I thought the brakes could use improving, the thing has linked rod operated drum brakes and they were a bit out of balance.

It never occurred to me that sitting in a warm livingroom with a beer, working on a bike, could be so pleasant.

Tried to true a set of old crusty wheels for one of my prewar Schwinns. Didn’t work to well. Spokes broke in the process. So the wheels got disassembled, rims “cleaned”, new stainless spokes, and new tires. Can’t wait to get them on the bike now

Got some parts prepped & painted for Maurice. Recurved the sissy bar using a rebar bender.

Polished the ends of the handlebar for some green glitter grips before paint.

Parts curing in the boiler closet. 🤓

I did 3 coats of Rustoleum bedliner on all then 3 coats of Rustoleum Pewter Hammertone on the fork crowns & sissy bar.(no pics yet)Hoping for more "tone" in the hammertone when it dries but has decent texture. Tricky to use & messy can that leaks behind the trigger.....

Back