When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Started working on my newest acquisition... '56 BFG badged Red Phantom. Bike is in nice original condition with the exception of fender light cover which was replaced at some point. Correct cover with repop Schwinn script lens.... needs paint

IMG_5854.jpg
\

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

Started breaking it down... can't believe how clean the horn and inside of tank are

IMG_5861.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

Got the tank, rack and guard cleaned, polished and waxed

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

Next... chrome. So. Much. Chrome on these..... and then moving parts. Oh yeah and frame/fork paint!

IMG_5858.jpg

Got some more work done on " El Rojo" today. I was able to get everything but the BB removed... pedal wrench is at the office 🤣

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

I managed to get all the chrome done and polished, waxed and rebuilt the springer

IMG_5887.jpg

Fenders coming back nicely

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

Springer before/after

IMG_5856.jpg
IMG_5892.jpg

Finished priming and sanding the fender light and put down a base coat of silver... Unfortunately, when I went to spray the metallic red it came out funky. Seems like there was something wrong with the can so I may have to sand it or strip it again.

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

Hoping to get the light cover and hubs/wheels knocked out by the end of the weekend!

Got some more work done on " El Rojo" today. I was able to get everything but the BB removed... pedal wrench is at the office 🤣

View attachment 1658440

View attachment 1658441

I managed to get all the chrome done and polished, waxed and rebuilt the springer

View attachment 1658442

Fenders coming back nicely

View attachment 1658443

View attachment 1658450

Springer before/after

View attachment 1658444 View attachment 1658445

Finished priming and sanding the fender light and put down a base coat of silver... Unfortunately, when I went to spray the metallic red it came out funky. Seems like there was something wrong with the can so I may have to sand it or strip it again.

View attachment 1658448

View attachment 1658449

Hoping to get the light cover and hubs/wheels knocked out by the end of the weekend!
Hi!
Looks so much better! Keep up the great job! Correct me if I’m wrong here but isn’t the light housing supposed to be red on a red phantom?

Hi!
Looks so much better! Keep up the great job! Correct me if I’m wrong here but isn’t the light housing supposed to be red on a red phantom?
Thank you! Lots of scrubbing... yes painting the light metallic red with a silver base coat. I was able to find a decent match but I had a problem with the red... the can didn't spray correctly. I think its a bad tip so looks like I've got to do a little sanding and get a new can of the red

Was able to get my ‘24 Schwinn built Hawthorne Deluxe all together tonight! Spun it down the street in the rain!

8 speed is absolutely freakin awesome. Smooth as glass. Drum brake is gorgeous and amazingly functional. Fully in love with this build. It was meant to replace a few different riders of mine so I can consolidate.

Only one thing left to solve… The drop stand. Combining the different ears and stand didn’t work. I’m going to have to modify one of them. It’s too short and contacts the tire at the bottom. Won’t reach full swing…

Maiden voyage tomorrow!

View attachment 1655427

View attachment 1655428

View attachment 1655429

View attachment 1655430
Really cool concept. Love it. 8 speeds certainly would be more practical in my hilly neighborhood. How's that coaster brake? Fairly responsive?

Last edited:
Back