When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got my 41 Roadmaster dialed in perfectly

FFA9527F-A1B9-4834-ABAF-0D4E2D7A6035.jpeg

Today I had to break down and fix/repair/adjust the Morrow on my 'rider'. I had changed out the wheel set back to the original wheels and they worked but not exactly like I wanted. There was too much slack-lost motion. Lost motion in a Morrow is when you go from forward to braking and then back to forward and there is a 'dead zone' before things catch...lost motion. Well- the bike worked fine but the free play between stop and go was slightly greater than 1/4 of a turn of the crank. It should be less than this. To correct this one will need to pick up Morrow part No. 127b washer that I have mentioned in several threads on the Morrow here on the C.A.B.E. Its a very simple fix-almost a no brainer-just a matter of removing the rear wheel and removing the hub guts. You drop in the washer and re-assemble as normal. This is a great fix for crank/hub lost motion greater than 1/4 turn of the crank. If your slack is under 1/4 turn of the crank I don't think you will need to go thru this. What causes this lost motion is wear...wear to the inside of the hub shell at the point where the clutch pieces engage the hub during forward motion of the driver. The 127b lost motion washer serves two purposes. One-it gives the clutch pieces something fresh to grab onto. It is made from copper (soft) and the fit is perfect-to tight. The second thing it does is reduce the travel of the driver which narrows distance between engaged and braking. You will notice improved performance in both how much sooner your hub engages and also your braking action will become shorter (engage faster). My lost motion was just past a quarter of a turn of the crank before things would engage-so I knew I had to address the problem. Pretty easy fix-my forward and braking engagement went from 1/4 turn of the crank to about 3" measured at the crank end! This really added to my ride's enjoyment. Both forward and braking were now at a much safer level. These Morrow 127b lost motion copper washers can be purchased from the CABE's own TheCABE/Scott and bicyclebones/Dan-both are here on theCABE and on EBAY. Limited supplies available! Several sources have run out on EBAY I have previously mentioned-especially after threads like this! HTF part!

Last edited:
Today I had to break down and fix/repair/adjust the Morrow on my 'rider'. I had changed out the wheel set back to the original wheels and they worked but not exactly like I wanted. There was too much slack-lost motion. Lost motion in a Morrow is when you go from forward to braking and then back to forward and there is a 'dead zone' before things catch...lost motion. Well- the bike worked fine but the free play between stop and go was slightly greater than 1/4 of a turn of the crank. It should be less than this. To correct this one will need to pick up the 127b washer I have mentioned in several threads on the Morrow here on the C.A.B.E. Its a very simple fix-almost a no brainer-just a matter of removing the rear wheel and removing the hub guts. You drop in the washer and re-assemble as normal. This is a great fix for crank/hub lost motion greater than 1/4 turn. If your slack is under 1/4 turn of the crank i don't think you will need to go thru this. What causes this lost motion is wear...wear to the inside of the hub shell at the point where the clutch pieces engage by forward motion of the driver. The 127b lost motion washer serves two purposes. One-it gives the clutch pieces something fresh to grab onto. It is made from copper and the fit is perfect-to tight. the second thing it does is reduce the travel of the driver which narrows distance between engaged and braking. You will notice improved performance in both how much sooner your hub engages and also your braking action will become shorter(engage faster). My lost motion was just past a quarter of a turn before things would engage-so I knew I had to address the problem. Pretty easy fix-my forward and braking engagement went from 1/4 turn of the crank to about 3" measured at the crank end! This really added to my rides enjoyment. Both forward and braking were now at a much safer level. These Morrow 127b lost motion copper washers can be purchased from the CABE's own TheCABE/Scott and bicyclebones/Dan-both are here on theCABE and on EBAY. Limited supplies available! Several sources have run out on EBAY I have previously mentioned-especially after threads like this! HTF part! View attachment 1676211

View attachment 1676212
Cabers pay attention to this he’s correct on this matter

Back