When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rebuilt the ND brake, rethreaded the fork, replaced steertube bearings, serviced the front hub, and then sat back and admired the lines on this ride.

20220912_145109.jpg

Did a little work on my ‘24 Schwinn. Broke the drum brake strap yesterday on a ride. Bad design. So I drilled a hole in the arm and used an old coaster brake strap to attach it.

View attachment 1694150

View attachment 1694151

Also decided to swap a more correct Schwinn sprocket on it. Much better.

View attachment 1694152

View attachment 1694153
A lot of force goes back into that bracket. It may twist the coaster brake strap. keep an eye on it friend. I just scored a cheap lady’s bike with an 8 speed Nexus. It will eventually find a home in my next build. The hub, not the lady’s frame!

A lot of force goes back into that bracket. It may twist the coaster brake strap. keep an eye on it friend. I just scored a cheap lady’s bike with an 8 speed Nexus. It will eventually find a home in my next build. The hub, not the lady’s frame!
I will absolutely be checking this out frequently now. I changed my wife’s too, because it was showing signs of soon to be breaking. I would have loved to mount the straps the opposite way so it was pulling on the fork, but if I did that, The cable interferes with the fork… so we shall see. If I have to build something more stout, I will!

I have 4 Sturmey archer hubs with those clips and they are all fine. I suspect you must have got clips from a faulty batch. Maybe talk to SA and see what they say about it.

Back