When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finished the first wheel for the 23 tonight. Ton of work in the faux finished hoops to match the bike and they came out killer! Spent 2 hours tonight learning how to lace and true wheels and once i was done i did a two tone dry brush on the spokes as well.
Even thru in the old leather polishing strap on the original hub!
Tomorrow...lacing the rear wheel!

340A5CEF-E449-4C3E-96BD-64263B87F66A.jpeg

7C58D9B4-8B64-4D81-B7DF-8B23B73ED585.jpeg

BEA3B492-5741-417B-B0D5-D2E9DD12CF66.jpeg

I've been distracted with some work on autos to get ready for winter lately. I tried to begin reassembly of my Elgin moto bike but didn't get very far. Since there's no accommodation in the fork to attach the fender, as I believe these used to have wood plug in the bottom of the fork, I had to visit Ace Hardware to see what they had to help out. I used a rubber stopper that was cut down & drilled a hole for a threaded insert.

Inserted in the bottom of the fork & installed the fork after giving the frame & fork a buff of my hand rubbed oil finish.

Was fighting a headache & called it quits.

I saw a chainguard peeking out of the pile that prompted me to try it on my Elgin Oriole frame that's stewing on the back burner, however. Should have grabbed the deep fenders that I may use but kinda like it. It has black original paint under the blue. 🙂

Had a nasty realization last night when i realized the frame on the 23 was bent somethin fierce. Well...i slept on it and tonight after i got the kiddo to bed, a temporary wood buck and a couple of well placed mallet strikes and she’s back to being as straight as the day is long. Merely 30 minutes worth of work to undo a night of stress. Lol
Onward and upwards my friend!

576C288D-6A0B-4C0F-BD90-273B3FEED3CA.jpeg

05EEA7D6-12DF-4D01-88D1-01EC45351416.jpeg

Something a bit different than what's usually seen here.
I just finished building up this early seventies Gitane Super Corsa.
I bought the frame set years ago and it's just been hanging in my garage.
Pretty much all Campagnolo except for the Cinelli bar & stem and Suntour freewheel.
Wider range gearing than what they originally came with.

Back