When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
FINALLY!!
As Found, original owner survivor, 1951 Monark Super Deluxe, Forest Green and Cream, with the deep fenders and Monark pedals. Been looking for one of these for quite a while (hard to find color). This one came out of Nebraska, a new friend found it and contacted me a while back, we met Wednesday for pick up. Thanks so much (you know who you are).
Now it's time for lots of TLC, cleaning, tires, and it will go into my collection!

View attachment 1721079
Hooray! Congrats. If you look hard enough the ones you want will find their way to you. Clearly this bike was destined for your collection. Glad to see it found you.

SPOILER ALERT FOR SHOW & TELL ON SUNDAY!!!!

Please skip ahead if you want to wait until Sunday to see what I got this week from @szathmarig !!

I am very thankful & fortunate to have found a rear carrier I have always wanted to get my hands on and one popped up in Parts & Ephemera For Sale. It was spray painted red but the front mounting bracket showed OG paint that may match my Elgin Motobike.

With some elbow grease, Goof Off & cotton balls I started stripping the red spray paint......

Then applied my "Specially Formulated Hand Rubbed Oil Finish" & will buff it out tomorrow, do a little straightening & install. Could not be happier!! 🤘 😝 🤘It should blend in well.

I swapped a pair of original Schwinn tires and one original tube from my hot rodded men’s suburban on to the lady’s model that came with it in the deal. Amazingly the rubber on the 45 year old tires was in better condition than the newer ones now in the bin.

This is the only almost completely original American bike in my collection and has found its place as garage art.

I washed and did some maintenance on my '64 Varsity Tourist....
20221028_150917.jpg

I dont always use a third and forth hand with each other...but when I do..it makes the task of adjusting the brakes very easy.
20221028_154928.jpg

Whilst adjusting the front brake, I took note the cable will need placing soon.
20221028_154928 (16).jpg

The CC 3.2 indicates the chain has <.5% stretch. Good to go for a while.
20221029_151710.jpg

Still have to make fine adjustments to the rear derailleur.
DON'T BUST ANY KNUCKLES

Inspired by good ol’ @Porkchop & Applesauce ....my 41 “Black Pearl” got a paperboy rack today, and i gotta say, its growing on me! Cant wait to finally weld up the chain guard, add the seat and cruise it!!
Also got a nice crunchy little reflector!

View attachment 1722185
Ahhh the “PEARL”!!! What a gem! Can’t wait to see her in all her glory! Looking really sharp buddy!!

Back