When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Today I dug out the ole’39 dx and did some maintenance on it, aired up tires and cleaned it up and made sure the 2spd still works…lol, also threw on a coon tail courtesy of @Thee and took for a spin! Not sure why this bike doesn’t do it for me, rides quite and smoothly! Guess I’ll let someone else enjoy it if anyone interested…hint hint…lol

Little peak a boo through front fender to tire, wood pedals are pretty cool!

Today I dug out the ole’39 dx and did some maintenance on it, aired up tires and cleaned it up and made sure the 2spd still works…lol, also threw on a coon tail courtesy of @Thee and took for a spin! Not sure why this bike doesn’t do it for me, rides quite and smoothly! Guess I’ll let someone else enjoy it if anyone interested…hint hint…lol View attachment 1736509
View attachment 1736510

View attachment 1736511

View attachment 1736512

View attachment 1736513

View attachment 1736514

View attachment 1736515

View attachment 1736516

View attachment 1736517

View attachment 1736518

Well I really like the bell ? Let me take a look at the old sweat hog 😍😂😆🤣

Today I dug out the ole’39 dx and did some maintenance on it, aired up tires and cleaned it up and made sure the 2spd still works…lol, also threw on a coon tail courtesy of @Thee and took for a spin! Not sure why this bike doesn’t do it for me, rides quite and smoothly! Guess I’ll let someone else enjoy it if anyone interested…hint hint…lol View attachment 1736509
View attachment 1736510

View attachment 1736511

View attachment 1736512

View attachment 1736513

View attachment 1736514

View attachment 1736515

View attachment 1736516

View attachment 1736517

View attachment 1736518

I wish I had the fundage...I REALLY want a LaSalle badged bike as tribute to my Grandfather I never met...he had a 12cyl. LaSalle when my Dad was a kid...
I have wanted one since my Dad told me the story...

GLWS Buddy! I wish I could make it a sale! ( @Thee can have the bell)

Two hours today to do a 15 minute job. Took the rack off my rider Phantom to mock up on the green bike I am working on. Looked good so I ordered one from Bicylebones and put it together and on my green bike in about 15 minutes. ( no fender braces )

Now comes the hard part. Putting my Phantom rack back in place, easy you say. Not when it's assembled. Got one side on after about 30 minutes. Struggled with the other side for an hour. Could not get the screw to go through two rack braces, two fender braces and the through the hole in the frame.....Then it dawned on me, these things won't go back together in one piece. Then I took the tail light off and the rear support leg off. Now I able to get all four braces to line up. Then after I got a nut on it I then re attached it to the rack and put the light back on... Wala. I can hardly move now. Remember I'm 77 and working on the garage floor.

Two hours today to do a 15 minute job. Took the rack off my rider Phantom to mock up on the green bike I am working on. Looked good so I ordered one from Bicylebones and put it together and on my green bike in about 15 minutes. ( no fender braces )

Now comes the hard part. Putting my Phantom rack back in place, easy you say. Not when it's assembled. Got one side on after about 30 minutes. Struggled with the other side for an hour. Could not get the screw to go through two rack braces, two fender braces and the through the hole in the frame.....Then it dawned on me, these things won't go back together in one piece. Then I took the tail light off and the rear support leg off. Now I able to get all four braces to line up. Then after I got a nut on it I then re attached it to the rack and put the light back on... Wala. I can hardly move now. Remember I'm 77 and working on the garage floor.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you! Still wrenching on my bikes and riding. That would make me the happiest caber . Meant with all do respect. I have a picture of my grandfather pheasant hunting holding up two pheasants with a Parker when he was 77 I’ve always respected and cherished that photo to this day! Happy Thanksgiving you have a lot to be thankful for! Thank you for reminding me. I think our hobby is very healthy for the soul! Cabe is a Brotherhood. Rick Pope

Last edited:
When I grow up I wanna be just like you! Still wrenching on my bikes and riding. That would make me the happiest caber . Meant with all do respect. I have a picture of my grandfather pheasant hunting holding up two pheasants with a Parker when he was 77 I’ve always respected and cherished that photo to this day! Happy Thanksgiving you have a lot to be thankful for! Thank you for reminding me. I think our hobby is very healthy for the soul! Cabe is a Brotherhood. Rick Pope
Thank you for the kind words. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Back