When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I guess I should work on the SN research at this point... Which is the catalog number?

316277956_10160395515266165_848468703017511736_n.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3528.jpg

After my mom passed unexpectedly, I sold all but one. For over two years this Elgin sat in it's shipping box, before ending up at my storage unit. I knew there'd come a time when I'd need this bicycle as much as it needs me. That time finally came.

Now, If only I could remember how to mount the front wheel with a fork with one open, one closed end. 😔
View attachment 1643143
That's easy, slide the axle into the closed end first then the axle into the slotted end.. Easy enough..

Broke down this '68 Murray Eliminator I bought recently. It's all OG down to the tubes. Some light rust and crud but overall in great condition and evidently stored well and not ridden a lot.

The wheels were laced as typical for these type bikes with no consideration of where the valve stem hole would be (or should be) in relation to the spoke cross. I relaced them properly plus it was a lot easier to clean them as well. I did not overhaul the Shimano rear hub - it is operating very smoothly as is, just a light oiling was all it needed. The Excel Mark 80 front hub was overhauled and it was good to have the wheelset knocked out.

Detailing on the front end section went well and the chrome turned out nicely. Didn't have any citric acid on hand to use with the brass hand brush on the chrome but white vinegar works in a pinch. The chrome on these bikes is quite thin and scratches easily.

Brass hand brush and oil was used on spokes, fender struts, axle nuts, etc. The fork paint was just cleaned lightly and it will get deoxidized and waxed before it is done.

m1a.jpg

m27a.jpg

m28a.jpg

m29a.jpg

m32a.jpg

m33a.jpg

m35a.jpg

Last edited:
Broke down this '68 Murray Eliminator I bought recently. It's all OG down to the tubes. Some light rust and crud but overall in great condition and evidently stored well and not ridden a lot.

The wheels were laced as typical for these type bikes with no consideration of where the valve stem hole would be (or should be) in relation to the spoke cross. I relaced them properly plus it was a lot easier to clean them as well. I did not overhaul the Shimano rear hub - it is operating very smoothly as is, just a light oiling was all it needed. The Excel Mark 80 front hub was overhauled and it was good to have the wheelset knocked out.

Detailing on the front end section went well and the chrome turned out nicely. Didn't have any citric acid on hand to use with the brass hand brush on the chrome but white vinegar works in a pinch. The chrome on these bikes is quite thin and scratches easily.

Brass hand brush and oil was used on spokes, fender struts, axle nuts, etc. The fork paint was just cleaned lightly and it will get deoxidized and waxed before it is done.

View attachment 1743399

View attachment 1743400

View attachment 1743401

View attachment 1743402

View attachment 1743404

View attachment 1743405

View attachment 1743406
🦄🦄🦄🦄🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️😎👍

Painted the rack I got from BB's. Frame is from a 79 Spitfire. Locking fork with key from a 51 Panther. Chainguard from a 63 Traveler. Tank is a no horn repro. Cut about two inches off handlebar ends. Repro Oval Scripted grips. RIL working speedometer ( probably will replace with Crown, Cadet or Schwinn ) Seat was black and sprayed with leather interior paint. Wheels have HD spokes and are about 1/4 " wider than S2's. I may look for a Phantom front fender that I can cut the ends off and make two bobber fenders out of it. My "budget build" got busted. I am all in on this at $380

View attachment 1741859

View attachment 1741860

View attachment 1741862

View attachment 1741865
Really digging the look of this one as you have it..fenderless and with the rack. Might have to try that on one of my bikes!

Musical seats day. The Brooks B33 I ordered months ago finally showed up. It will go on the Gazelle, the Brooks B67 from there will move to something which needs better accommodations and so on down the line until one of the lesser machines looses its modern plastic junk. There’s some kind of Darwinian thing happening here...

Last edited:
Back