When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike didn't you ride today!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I may need a new front tire for this one.

IMG_2481.JPG

It's not what I haven't ridden, it's more like what haven't I worked on today? That would be Beryl, and Darla is still at the bike shop (almost there).

'74 International - supposed to be rained in today, had a good miles week, scheduled ride was cancelled, so stayed in and took on this bike.
I don't get it, but I fixed it.
Ever since I replaced my Cyclone GT RD with a rebuilt piece (needed a new main spring - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/back-to-the-drawing-board.129977/ )
only on the smallest/fastest 12t cog, the chain skips several links. At first I though it was shifting down and tackled RD adjustments.

It works perfectly on the build stand, and only shows up on the road.
So I got the idea of putting it on the old Turbotrainer, squeezing the bike into a rear tire load and trying to duplicate it.
Viola - it proved my last theory, it's jumping the small cog on the chain quick-link.
This has cost me several sprints against John, since I can't spin with him missing my top two gears - but I can mash anybody.

Put in a new quick-link, reversed the orientation, just in case, and it's working like a champ under load. Can't explain it, but it works. Look out John, here I come.

8803ule.jpg

and there I go
Tr0AfGH.jpg

Last edited:
Back