When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike didn't you ride today!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This 1978 Traveller III that I overhauled last summer has turned into my daily driver.

Screenshot_20190409-223158_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190409-223227_Gallery.jpg

I did not get out on any them today, Here is my collection of moutain bikes that started in the 90's. I also had a few earlier ones in the past, but my peak interest in moutain bikes occured in the 90's decade and continued slightly into the millennium.

IMG_6335.JPG

I have them hung from the ceiling in my unfinished basement, they used to get more use than they do today. I don't take them out to often anymore and the new interests get more play time.

I first really got really into the hobby of cycling though moutain biking, and then it evolved as I got older.

It started out that all I needed was" No suspention", then "Front Suspention", Next I wanted to try "Steel" Again, and then I wanted "Full Suspention", then I wanted "Lots Of Travel". The curiosity has never stopped, and ultimately I ended here just trying to have some fun with whatever vintage ride I could get my hands on.

I believe I can manage to have some fun on just about any bike regaurdless of price. I have not purchased a "Brand New Bike" in atleast 15 Years.

Last edited:
Its hard to see in the photos, but a few or the bikes posted above are loaded up with higher end time period goodies. "Crossmax, Paul, Avid Ultimate, Real, Sram Xo, XTR, Hope, Race Face, Thompson, King, the list could go on and on. Back in the day I used to be a supergo, pricepoint, and a Moutain bike action / Moutain Bike / Bicicling / Dirt Bike, magazine junky".

A whie back I sold off my Avid Black Ops parts for a decent profit along with a few others. But I got my use, and this stuff was a whole lot of fun for a while. I once even stupidly spent about $800 bucks on a Bomber air fork that only lasted one season.

Most the bikes I purchase today cost much less than the money than I used to spend on a single component. I used to make alot of stupid impulsive decisons. My friends and I all tried to out do each other when building our bikes. Looking back now, it was a fun but also expensive time in my life.

The only way I was able able to indulge in this life style, is I got very lucky, and got a decent job at IBM early on. I never even applied for it, they contacted me though the schools dean list registry, After a Interview they made me a offer I could not refuse. I imediately took a loan out on a house, and rented out three rooms to my college freinds. Once they all moved out and got married, My extra funds for hobbies dwindled.

The offer made me drop out of school, and go to work full time. It took me a few years to finish up the rest of my senior year. I was just in the right place, in the right feild, at the right time, and had the right female interviewer who I later found out had a crush on me, it was all just dumb luck.

I was never the brightest, and dropped out of college do to poor grades, and too much parties in my first attempt while pursuing a compleatly different major. "It must run in the family, as my dad had a similar path in his own studies before he went to Vietnam".

Last edited:
Hardly a turd!!

That bike is going to be so great Mike congrats!

Lmk if any goodies are falling off the parts tree...

I did not get out on any them today, Here is my collection of moutain bikes that started in the 90's. I also had a few earlier ones in the past, but my peak interest in moutain bikes occured in the 90's decade and continued slightly into the millennium.

View attachment 978407

I have them hung from the ceiling in my unfinished basement, they used to get more use than they do today. I don't take them out to often anymore and the new interests get more play time.

I first really got really into the hobby of cycling though moutain biking, and then it evolved as I got older.

It started out that all I needed was" No suspention", then "Front Suspention", Next I wanted to try "Steel" Again, and then I wanted "Full Suspention", then I wanted "Lots Of Travel". The curiosity has never stopped, and ultimately I ended here just trying to have some fun with whatever vintage ride I could get my hands on.

I believe I can manage to have some fun on just about any bike regaurdless of price. I have not purchased a "Brand New Bike" in atleast 15 Years.

I saw the Banshee and I was sold!!

Back