When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike didn't you ride today!

-

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Okay post up the bikes you didn't ride today for whatever reason...Could be that never-to-get-to/stalled project to the hare brained or ill concieved rat bike reject to the ones you are dying to get back into...

Here's a couple that haven't yet crystalized for me... Note backward fork.

20" Cactus Flower competion mud puddle jump bike project

60's fire arrow 24"/"26

20180114_194915.jpg

@Floyd taught me how to take apart a Bendix hub last night... while the rear wheel was serviced and put back on... And I thought about the hilarity of sending him a picture of me riding it in the snow at 9pm... The temperature outside of 9 degrees had the last laugh.
IMG_20180114_144350665.jpg

@Floyd taught me how to take apart a Bendix hub last night... while the rear wheel was serviced and put back on... And I thought about the hilarity of sending him a picture of me riding it in the snow at 9pm... The temperature outside of 9 degrees had the last laugh.
View attachment 738098

I remember when I was around 10, my neighbor Mr. Larsen wanted to borrow a bike for his granddaughter who was coming to visit. I told him I had one, but that it was broken. He said, bring it over, we'll fix it. Well, what was broken was the rear hub was seized up. So we set about fixing it, he showed me how to take it apart, grease it, and put it back together. So his granddaughter got a bike to ride when she visited.

Years later when I got my first old bike, it needed to be overhauled and I of course couldn't remember a thing he showed me, but I had the confidence that I could do it and dove right in and had it overhauled in no time. Congratulations on acquiring a new lifelong skill :).

View attachment 738098
Oh, so it's kind of warm there then:)
I thought about bringing one of mine out last week for Tankless Tuesday - just too bitter and the snow was still pretty deep (all gone now though)

Back