What bike is this?

This ad disappears when logged in

twinflight

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 13, 2017
Minnesota, United States
Does anyone know anything about this bike? The seller is clueless and doesn’t name a price so I have no idea if it’s worth my energy to drive an hour so see it.
7c7d142c048dd0744a886cd5eb9adc9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Gonna need better pics. Looks like modern wheel set and brakes along with a modification for the homemade guard. Personally until the seller puts a price on it I don't get too excited. V/r Shawn

twinflight

Nov 13, 2017
Minnesota, United States
Gonna need better pics. Looks like modern wheel set and brakes along with a modification for the homemade guard. Personally until the seller puts a price on it I don't get too excited. V/r Shawn
Good points.

twinflight

Nov 13, 2017
Minnesota, United States
Looks like the chain guard has two functions 1. Keep the bottom of your vintage Calvins from getting chewed up and b. It redirects the shift cable for the multi speed rear hub, a little backyard shade tree solution?

And here I am being ignorant thinking it's obscure enough to be OEM.

kwoodyh

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 2, 2017
Greenwood Arkansas
Since the seller appears to have very limited knowledge on the bike it will probably take a trip to look at it and determine if it has any future at your shop? Personally I'd go look just because you never know?

Brian R.

Oct 16, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The frame, fork, stem, bars, seat post, and rear fender looks original and very old - 1890s. The seat teens - 20s? The crankset is probably original but hard to tell with that photo.

The frame and metal fender is different enough that you could probably identify the maker if it doesn't have a badge. I would easily drive one hour to try to grab that bike. Let us know how it ends.

twinflight

Nov 13, 2017
Minnesota, United States
The frame, fork, stem, bars, seat post, and rear fender looks original and very old - 1890s. The seat teens - 20s? The crankset is probably original but hard to tell with that photo.

The frame and metal fender is different enough that you could probably identify the maker if it doesn't have a badge. I would easily drive one hour to try to grab that bike. Let us know how it ends.
Please explain that to my wife why I'm late!

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$15.00
eBay Auction Picture
$9.14
eBay Auction Picture
$22.30
eBay Auction Picture
$19.72
eBay Auction Picture
$21.04
eBay Auction Picture