When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Bike Stand to Buy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I have went long enough with out a bike stand to clean and work on my bikes I'd like to ask the experts on there opinions and reviews in which stands they use and like best, I have ran across a few, and I have found a used Park stand locally that folds up and looks like it's in great shape for $120 and another Park stand that looks alot sturdier for $175, they seem to run between $150 and $400 new based on the ones I looked at, so what I am asking is, what are all of you using and by your experience with them what do you like best? I plan on buying one maybe 2 this week so i would like to hear the general consensus on a few of them

Thanks

Aaron

I liked the first Park stand I bought so well, that when I started looking for another stand, I bought the same model again. PCS-4-1

I've had every bike I own on the first one at some point - never had any problems with it. That includes Cycle-Trucks and Tandems as well as old ballooners, light and middleweights, Sting-Rays, and late model stuff (big, long, and fat). Number two got here about two months ago.

Good luck in your choosing!
REC

The stand that I am looking at is a used Park Tool PCS-10 that's what the owner told me it folds up pretty compact is why I was leaning towards it because where I have my bikes in my basement I have room for about 10 bikes so when I wasnt using the stand I can fold it up and store it so I don't have to hear the woman griping about old bikes in her way all the time.

Aaron

Cool after looking at the 9 and 10 I think $120 is a great deal for the 10 the guy said he used it to clean his trek and that's it, but looks like it is well built so it wont mind hanging onto my 4 balloners and my middleweights and roadbikes

If anyone else has any other stands if referrals I will be happy to listen, but I'm definitely sold on the Park for the price of it being used

Aaron

Maybe I'm just old school. I have a stand but 90% of the time I just flip it upside down and do what I have to. If you are going to invest in a stand don't try going on the cheap--get a good one. V/r Shawn

Shawn, that's what I've always done as well, and if it was a nicer bike I would put a rug down or work on it inside the house on the carpet, but since I'm down in my back its getting harder to get up and down and bend over at all, I'm not an old man by any means, I was involved in a car wreck 4 years ago and broke my back, now I have scoliosis and arthritis all over my spine, so I'd like to get a good stand so I can stand up or have a seat in my tall chair when I work and clean on my bikes, I plan on getting a nice stand I just thought if I could get a good deal on a Park Tool I would get it and if it doesn't suit me I'm not out a whole lot and I would just get a different one, I'd just like to see what everyone uses themselves and what they like best

Aaron

Of the 3 stands I have, I use my spin doctor team work stand the most. Mostly because it was cheap enough I leave it out side and it’s always set up and ready to go. I also have the spin doctor pro g3. Also a good budget stand. I’d love a park stand. But the way I have my set up, ie, leaving the stands out in the weather, the cheap stands are great

Back