When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bikes are you looking for?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oskisan

I live for the CABE
I picked up this this price guide a billion years ago (from Larry at memory lane) when I first started collecting bikes and have used this as a ranking criteria to help me understand what the 10 top bikes most collectors are looking for. I never used this as a price guide, but more of a way to group bikes into categories.

Does this order still look correct, and if not what would the top 10 bikes be?

Note: Please disregard the prices as this is old and does not in any way reflect the actual "current" prices of these bikes, although you may want to determine how much your investment has accrued in value as these prices were accurate when this was published.

http://kenskorner.org/sites/kensumikawa.com/files/1990_Bike_PriceGuide.pdf

Last edited:
The order looks mostly correct, but several of the lower-end bikes have gone up. Also, we all know that Bluebirds are worth $14K now ;)

Price guides are just that--guides. To really understand what something is worth you have to follow the market and know what the trends are. Is a BB really worth $14k? Just because that was the ending price that doesn't mean that is what the bike really sold for. Some bikes can be very difficult to value because few comps/sales exist. Just like guides for any other collectible they tell you up front that there are many variables that factor into the value of something to include things such as location, time of year, colors, options, and of course condition and originality. All things being relative the pecking order remains fairly constant though. V/r Shawn

I picked up this this price guide a billion years ago (from Larry at memory lane) when I first started collecting bikes and have used this as a ranking criteria to help me understand what the 10 top bikes most collectors are looking for. I never used this as a price guide, but more of a way to group bikes in the $2k-$5k, $5k-$7k, $7k-$10k, $10k-$12k- $12k-$15k, and above categories.

Does this order still look correct, and if not what would the top 10 bikes be?

Note: Please disregard the prices as this is old and does not in any way reflect the actual "current" prices of these bikes, although you may want to determine how much your investment has accrued in value as these prices were accurate when this was published.

http://kenskorner.org/sites/kensumikawa.com/files/1990_Bike_PriceGuide.pdf
None at the moment. With those numbers it sounds more like a lottery winning wish list. I just follow the market and buy what I like and can afford.

Shawn/Eddie, I never meant to post this as a guide to prices, but more groupings of bikes. I believe the guide has the 4 bikes I would consider (speedline, RMS, Evinrude, Aerocycle) as the top 4 on most peoples desired list... but the ones that follow right below that are somewhat questionable to me. I dont know that much about the bowden 300, indian, or lindy, but find the others that follow to be somewhat in line. I know the list of top 10 bikes is highly subjective to what peoples tastes are, but I find it helpful to know what people consider "in general" what the top 10 bikes are when spending this kind of money. In retrospect I should have labeled this post "what are the top 10 bikes", thought that has been asked so many times I didnt want to repeat that again, and wanted to start the discussion with some baseline to springboard from.

Back