When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bikes did you add in 2019

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This tread is amazing. Is it safe to assume most of these bikes were found at swap meets? I'm asking that based on the quality & diversity you all have. I don't really see a lot of bikes like these for sale. (ebay-forums etc.)

Most of the bikes I posted for 2019 were purchased by me through contacts on the CABE from members and shipped via Bikeflights or Shipbikes. That said, a couple were found locally, or were purchased at shows/swap meets and shipped back to me after. I live in Winnipeg, Canada, mid continent close to the U.S. border and most shows and swaps are thousands of miles away. Driving with the ability to transport a bicycle/s back is not that practical, so meets I attend ( in the past) of any sort usually means air flight, car rental, motel, etc.

It's been more than a few times over decades I've had my van stuffed with bicycles, vintage outboard boat motors, antique signs, vintage toys, car parts, pedal cars, with a guitar or two in the load. I'd even fill up on firewood sometimes if I came across some seasoned Birch for a good price!!

The best way to acquire bicycles in the his hobby is locally ( ads or garage sales, auctions) "Picking" the country side, or attending swaps or shows, meeting the people, seeing the bike or accessory first hand. Looking closely and having one on one human contact. Buying from pictures and descriptions is ok if you have no choice, but some sellers don't share or meet your standards or expectations and descriptions are lame or inaccurate. That's where a sellers reputation comes into play. You need to ask the right questions as well, and if possible get information on a sellers track record among others in the hobby/CABE. Research and knowledge, advice and opinions are like gold. That's what makes the CABE so great as it's a tool you can use for all of that.

Most hobbies are enjoyed through communication and where possible, actually meeting others and sharing knowledge and humour and making new friends. I have been fortunate to have experienced that in several hobbies over 35+ years. I've had to slow down at my age, but the memories and possibilities of more are still active.

This tread is amazing. Is it safe to assume most of these bikes were found at swap meets? I'm asking that based on the quality & diversity you all have. I don't really see a lot of bikes like these for sale. (ebay-forums etc.)
Good question Speed King! Of the eight I posted only one (halfway) came from a swap. The TOC treadle crank bike came my way through a gentleman I met at Ann Arbor this year. He told me about it, I packed up my van and drove two hours west as fast as I could! The others came from collections, leads from friends, and the CABE.

I added the only bike i have right now. This project almost done. Thank you cabers for help me with this project. :)

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_6304.JPG

Last edited:
Back