When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Brand/Model Is This? 1930's ???

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is the only photo I have, so any help would, as usual, be appreciated!

I'm guessing early 1930's...English...possibly Rudge, Raleigh or Humber. The "blue" on the head tube and seat post looks familiar, but I don't know why. I'll leave this up the experts to figure this one out! šŸ§

LadiesBike.jpg

Last edited:
Do those use chain saw chains and that's why it has that huge full cover guard? šŸ¤£

Last edited:
@Sven Looks really close, thanks. That one has the Rod brakes, nicer model. Chain guard case is different if you look closely. Your photo has the "circles" going around the crank arm, and this one doesn't.

I asked the guy for more photos, but he'd like me to come see it. It's about an hour or so ride from me, but unless I really want to commit to it, I don't want to waste his time or mine. Any idea on its worth from what you can see?

He said as far as any identifying components... "All the decals are unclear save one that a Bulldog is visible with what looks like ā€œMade in Britainā€ or ā€œBritish Madeā€ something. But it has a few American parts: New Departure hubs, US Rubber tires, metal over wood rims, Persons seat".

Last edited:
Very difficult to say really without better/more photos.
This style of loop frame was in every British manufacturer's catalogues from early 1900's, in some cases right up to the mid 1950's.
Probably not a Rudge, as even the ladies examples from early on typically have the Rudge sloping fork crown.

Back