When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brand of bicycle is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Any Ideas? Thank you. Barry
Ray-Cycle 02.jpeg

Ray-Cycle 04.jpeg

Ray-Cycle 07.jpeg

The sweet heart sprocket looks like a Schwinn, and I thought that Schwinn built for some Columbus or Louisville companies.
Thank you very much, but that's not a Schwinn style sweetheart sprocket. If you compare them you'll notice the difference. The Schwinn style sprocket doesn't have those round holes. The serial number doesn't look like the way Schwinn serial numbers are stamped into the lower bracket either. Barry

Thank you very much, but that's not a Schwinn style sweetheart sprocket. If you compare them you'll notice the difference. The Schwinn style sprocket doesn't have those round holes. Barry

Perhaps then, an earlier and less common Schwinn sprocket than some might be more familiar with?

Or maybe like for hardware stores &c?

Last edited:
I agree with Archie Sturmer - early less common Schwinn sweatheart. It does not look original to the bike though, looks like wear from a bottom bracket which means it has been turned around at some point. Bike looks like a war time or later light weight. Fork has a schwinn look to it though.
Interesting, I'd like to see one on a Schwinn built bicycle. Do you have any photos? What about the serial number?

Back