What can I soak my rusty chain and parts in?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

gkeep

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 11, 2014
Alameda, CA
Take a look at the various threads regarding oxalic acid, aka wood bleach. Easy to use and works well. I've also soaked crusty and rusty parts in full strength Simple Green with good results.

Good luck,
Gary

pelletman

I live for the CABE
Mar 15, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
10:1 water to molasses from Tractor Supply soak for a week. Cheap and harmless. Metal Rescue is great if you need something faster

Reactions: catfish

buickmike

I live for the CABE
May 26, 2014
Hammond Indiana
I put in metal rescue and it was able to free it up but after installation. The chain was loose on chain wheel. So IMO any chain in question should be replaced

Reactions: escape*artist

escape*artist

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 6, 2015
Boondocks, VA, USA
Evap-o-rust (as previously mentioned), heated in a harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner.

In a couple of hours, everything oxide (including bluing) will be gone, and parts will move freely.

First, degrease as much as you can to shorten your ultrasonic time and to avoid gooping up your rust-removing bath.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 4, 2014
Planet Mongo
There were three moles, Mama , Papa and baby mole tunneling under the sod one day. Papa mole was first and he said,"I small buckwheat". Mama mole was right behind papa mole and she said " I smell sorghum" . Little baby mole was last , right behind mama and he said "I smell moleasses.":)

morton

I live for the CABE
Nov 9, 2007
York, United States
After de-rusting, I've used gun blue to bring back a decent "color" and afford some protection to bare metal.

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 26, 2011
Norfolk Va / Va. Beach va.
Vinegar

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This ad goes away when you register for an account!