• Please take a moment to read the new post TRADING SAFETY. It contains important information for those who use the classified ads for buying and selling.

What can I soak my rusty chain and parts in?

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Foxclassics

Finally riding a big boys bike
This stuff works too.
0b9a7e72c8075fd9b2e2dc4b2d8648e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SKIDKINGSVBC

I live for the CABE
Apple cider vinegar works great! Plus its not harmful to work with..

gkeep

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Take a look at the various threads regarding oxalic acid, aka wood bleach. Easy to use and works well. I've also soaked crusty and rusty parts in full strength Simple Green with good results.

Good luck,
Gary

pelletman

I live for the CABE
10:1 water to molasses from Tractor Supply soak for a week. Cheap and harmless. Metal Rescue is great if you need something faster

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
10:1 water to molasses from Tractor Supply soak for a week. Cheap and harmless. Metal Rescue is great if you need something faster

I've done this. It works.

buickmike

I live for the CABE
I put in metal rescue and it was able to free it up but after installation. The chain was loose on chain wheel. So IMO any chain in question should be replaced

pikljoose

Finally riding a big boys bike
Evap-o-rust (as previously mentioned), heated in a harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner.

In a couple of hours, everything oxide (including bluing) will be gone, and parts will move freely.

First, degrease as much as you can to shorten your ultrasonic time and to avoid gooping up your rust-removing bath.

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
There were three moles, Mama , Papa and baby mole tunneling under the sod one day. Papa mole was first and he said,"I small buckwheat". Mama mole was right behind papa mole and she said " I smell sorghum" . Little baby mole was last , right behind mama and he said "I smell moleasses.":)

morton

I live for the CABE
After de-rusting, I've used gun blue to bring back a decent "color" and afford some protection to bare metal.