When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What can I soak my rusty chain and parts in?

-
This stuff works too.
0b9a7e72c8075fd9b2e2dc4b2d8648e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Take a look at the various threads regarding oxalic acid, aka wood bleach. Easy to use and works well. I've also soaked crusty and rusty parts in full strength Simple Green with good results.

Good luck,
Gary

10:1 water to molasses from Tractor Supply soak for a week. Cheap and harmless. Metal Rescue is great if you need something faster

I put in metal rescue and it was able to free it up but after installation. The chain was loose on chain wheel. So IMO any chain in question should be replaced

Evap-o-rust (as previously mentioned), heated in a harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner.

In a couple of hours, everything oxide (including bluing) will be gone, and parts will move freely.

First, degrease as much as you can to shorten your ultrasonic time and to avoid gooping up your rust-removing bath.

Back