When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Colson model is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I was able to work out a deal w/ Jesse on this killer Colson. It has all of the characteristics of a Colson Flyer 1933-34 moto bike except it's a single bar, no cross braced handle bar and the rims are not plated.

I have a few of the Colson books but everything I see is a double bar. What do I have?

-Mike

F7C7DBA7-8787-4580-95C1-D7C5B5DA283C.png

C9A54981-5A6A-4D27-BE27-5D83E45C42BE.png

6AA2D720-170E-4277-9536-6B1C29AE6363.png

82600EBF-B648-435F-AB60-3F936F06267A.png

22167CD9-727C-4E0B-BE60-4DCBC7237337.png

9D186473-0CFF-499A-AC4D-60533959C657.png

That is one of the nicest earlier model Colsons I have ever seen. She is a real beaute! If there is one thing I have learned about these earlier Colson bikes, especially those built around '35 and earlier, is that they are not very standardized. There were many badges they used depending on the dealer who ordered them or the different models, and quite a few different colors. Different tanks, headlights, other parts, many different parts seemed to be used by them. I've not seen one like yours, but there is no telling how many were built like that, probably not too many though, and fewer still that survive. Yours is very well preserved. If you look at my profile image, it is a 1935 Colson Rover I restored, and it is reminiscent of your bike, different though.

Maybe a July 1933 model B-428, from the catalog or pamphlet of that month and year; except with a tank and truss fork. The model number may be a carryover from their lug frame models (prior to reorganization), which referred to a “bike-about”.
For some model numbers (e.g., B-428), the number 28 meant 28” wheels; in 1933 for other model numbers, the number 28 meant a 20” (taller) frame.
The deluxe (dash-D) models had the chrome rims; the standard (no dash) had painted steel.

Last edited:
That is one of the nicest earlier model Colsons I have ever seen. She is a real beaute! If there is one thing I have learned about these earlier Colson bikes, especially those built around '35 and earlier, is that they are not very standardized. There were many badges they used depending on the dealer who ordered them or the different models, and quite a few different colors. Different tanks, headlights, other parts, many different parts seemed to be used by them. I've not seen one like yours, but there is no telling how many were built like that, probably not too many though, and fewer still that survive. Yours is very well preserved. If you look at my profile image, it is a 1935 Colson Rover I restored, and it is reminiscent of your bike, different though.
Thanks the info, your bike is killer. So is it a Flyer in your opinion, its all I can find in the few colson books I have. Any other catalog pages that show the single bar like mine, with the tank and other goodies?

Last edited:
New rims look great. What frame size would this be as it looks small?

Back